Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Emery have the dignity to resign?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah. Wenger took virtually the same team to 6th place, 37 points back and a EL semi final and had to be sacked.

Emery in one year got to 5th and a EL final but he should resign.

You lot really do want us to become Chelsea
    Ah that Chelsea that just won another trophy.

His job this season was always going to be crushing the weak pathetic creche culture Wenger's Arsenal had become. Until Ozil is booted out this task can't be completed. He sums up everything wrong with the late Wenger era. The problem is with his wages his transfer value is zero. I keep seeing retards saying things like "all Emery has to do is sell Ozil for £50m and start rebuilding the squad." What, WHAT THE ****! With his £350k a week wages he's worth less than a free transfer. No sane club would pay anything over 10m, plus £350k a week for a lightweight reserve aging player who doesn't do it in big games or any away from home.

No manager managing Arsenal is going to make an aging Ozil into a top level player nevermind an elite one. Let's hope for our sake a naive Chink team comes in and offers to match his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ah that Chelsea that just won another trophy.
    Yes, and when we have Abramovich’s billions to spend we’ll be in with a shout as well.

The point was actually that changing managers on an annual basis comes at a cost and there would be those that would argue that doing so makes your club a bit of a joke. I’d prefer that not to happen to Arsenal, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    His job this season was always going to be crushing the weak pathetic creche culture Wenger's Arsenal had become. Until Ozil is booted out this task can't be completed. He sums up everything wrong with the late Wenger era. The problem is with his wages his transfer value is zero. I keep seeing retards saying things like "all Emery has to do is sell Ozil for £50m and start rebuilding the squad." What, WHAT THE ****! With his £350k a week wages he's worth less than a free transfer. No sane club would pay anything over 10m, plus £350k a week for a lightweight reserve aging player who doesn't do it in big games or any away from home.

No manager managing Arsenal is going to make an aging Ozil into a top level player nevermind an elite one. Let's hope for our sake a naive Chink team comes in and offers to match his wages.
    I th8nk all of that says that it will take a few years to recover from Wenger’s incompetence in his later years with the club.

I agree.

Whether Emery is the solution is yet to be seen, but he needs another year or two.

We’ll be lucky to finish Top10 next season.

Transfer budget will be £25m max so we’re stuck with the likes of Mustafi, Xhaka and Ozil. Might as keep Micky...not going to do better.

Everton and Wolves will improve, expect a big show from Norwich and Newcastle will spend big under the guidance of Rafa. In fact expect every other club even Derby in the Championship to outspend us.

I th8nk all of that says that it will take a few years to recover from Wenger’s incompetence in his later years with the club.

I agree.

Whether Emery is the solution is yet to be seen, but he needs another year or two.
    Apart from Lichtsteiner Emery's transfers have been decent so far and even then that was just a cheap squad filler signing. (he did prove to be well **** though) And we probably would have got away with how awful he was but for Bellerin's career threatening injury.

If Emery manages to boot out and replace Ozil, Mustafi and Xhaka with decent hungry players i'd say he's had a great summer. Those 3 sum up the end of the Wenger era. Huge transfers for ordinary players. Xhaka was Wengers choice ahead of Kante, shocking stuff.

Yes, and when we have Abramovich’s billions to spend we’ll be in with a shout as well.

The point was actually that changing managers on an annual basis comes at a cost and there would be those that would argue that doing so makes your club a bit of a joke. I’d prefer that not to happen to Arsenal, thanks.
    Count the trophies Chelsea have won in the last 10 years you bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Apart from Lichtsteiner Emery's transfers have been decent so far and even then that was just a cheap squad filler signing. (he did prove to be well **** though) And we probably would have got away with how awful he was but for Bellerin's career threatening injury.

If Emery manages to boot out and replace Ozil, Mustafi and Xhaka with decent hungry players i'd say he's had a great summer. Those 3 sum up the end of the Wenger era. Huge transfers for ordinary players. Xhaka was Wengers choice ahead of Kante, shocking stuff.
    Well Xhaka wasn’t a huge transfer money wise but I agree he’s a fundamental problem. Ozil just doesn’t fit and he was never that good under Wenger either. Mustafi we shouldn’t speak about.

I’d happily ship all three out if we could get a central defender, a LB and a midfielder to play with Lucas. Maybe a wide attacking player as well. But the important thing is not so much that buy players in certain positions but that we buy players we can afford who will improve. Spurs funded themselves with the sale of Bale and others, Liverpool with Coutinho and Suarez. We just need to get better in the transfer market. Wenger had lost his touch and we are now paying the price.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Count the trophies Chelsea have won in the last 10 years you bellend.
    Count Abramovich’s billions you halfwit.

Best we can hope for is Holding replacing Mustafi, Chambers for Xhaka and maybe ESR for Ozil.

Hopefully Holding will be back...welbeck is back, Bellerin training again so maybe he’ll heal quicker too.

Problem is I don’t think Ozil wants to leave so only way is to hound him out now.

I’ve got no idea how in today’s market of severely inflated prices you make £25m work.

Might consider listening to offers for Aboomerang and keeping Welbeck to be honest with you. That should get some money in.