Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shame Ozul couldn't start. His industry and creativity may have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Is this a serious question?

How about a back four, a keeper, Torreira and Guendouzi?

Jesus wept. I know we lost a final, but plug your brain back in.
    We would have conceded four by halftime with that team. And we’ve been routinely terrible with a back four this year, haven’t you been paying attention?

Indeed. Good night all.
    Football became fashionable and attracted pricks. We have to try to put up with it with as much dignity as we can.

Is this a serious question?

How about a back four, a keeper, Torreira and Guendouzi?

Jesus wept. I know we lost a final, but plug your brain back in.
    Great. Now if only we had a back four....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Great. Now if only we had a back four....
    He’s really not capable of thinking that far ahead, Peter.

He’s still struggling with the reading bit.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He’s really not capable of thinking that far ahead, Peter.

He’s still struggling with the reading bit.
    The problem all season for emery has been that he doesn't have full backs he can trust. AMN is too risky in a back four and kolasinac is just utter dog **** all round. At least a back three allowed him to play lacazette and aubamayang which is about the only area of strength we have. Every other part of the pitch is dodgy at best.

Lots to do in the summer and apparently very little money to play with. We are not going to get better with this squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The problem all season for emery has been that he doesn't have full backs he can trust. AMN is too risky in a back four and kolasinac is just utter dog **** all round. At least a back three allowed him to play lacazette and aubamayang which is about the only area of strength we have. Every other part of the pitch is dodgy at best.

Lots to do in the summer and apparently very little money to play with. We are not going to get better with this squad.

I just wonder how much the players were so shot mentally, that Emery always had an uphill task to change that. Maybe we are being too harsh on him. There are only so many punches a boxer can take before the damage is irreversible. I think there is a mental problem that management cannot change. The undertones, the streak of this have been rumbling for the best part of 7 or 8 years. That is why it seemed that Wenger's time was up once Leicester won the league. As soon as the first goal went in tonight, the fragile confidence went. The discipline flew out of the window and the team got ragged. I don't blame Emery for that, I think he inherited the problem and it may be a problem that is too big for him to solve.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman