Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shame Ozul couldn't start. His industry and creativity may have made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    This young black lad Willy is putting Ozil to shame despite only being on 10 mins.
    He hasn’t exactly been bad, but you would have thought that a no. 10 on 350k a week with Laca and Boomerang in front of him would have done a bit more.

Mind you, with AMN and Kolasinac playing like utter donkeys and Xhaka treading water it’s maybe not that surprising. He can’t lift everyone, he just isn’t that sort of player.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    He hasn’t exactly been bad, but you would have thought that a no. 10 on 350k a week with Laca and Boomerang in front of him would have done a bit more.

Mind you, with AMN and Kolasinac playing like utter donkeys and Xhaka treading water it’s maybe not that surprising. He can’t lift everyone, he just isn’t that sort of player.
    The problem was that none of the other midfielders got in front of the ball when he was in possession. Easy for four players to mark 2. We missed Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Bug eyed ****
    In the top games, you need your top players to perform.

There is plenty of blame to go around and Ozil is only one of a number of parts of the problem. The last 6 weeks have been nothing short of disgraceful.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The problem was that none of the other midfielders got in front of the ball when he was in possession. Easy for four players to mark 2. We missed Ramsey.
    How would you have played Ramsey, Ozil, Laca and Boomerang exactly? Ramsey running around up top probably was missed but it would have come at a cost. We played two in midfield if you didn’t notice. One was a DM and the other is slower than me.

Ramsey is good at that, running around up front a lot. Emery spotted his genius there. Juve agreed to pay him 400k a week to do that. Well done Juve.

When Ozil was at his best with all those assists they tended to mostly come from free kicks on the right wing about 44 yards out where he crossed them onto Giroud's head. The Ozil fanatics like to make out he was dominating games and cutting defences apart week in week out rather than being a Steve Guppy on £350k a week.

How would you have played Ramsey, Ozil, Laca and Boomerang exactly? Ramsey running around up top probably was missed but it would have come at a cost. We played two in midfield if you didn’t notice. One was a DM and the other is slower than me.

Ramsey is good at that, running around up front a lot. Emery spotted his genius there. Juve agreed to pay him 400k a week to do that. Well done Juve.
    Hmm yes Ramsey and Ozil in the same team. How could that possibly work?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Hmm yes Ramsey and Ozil in the same team. How could that possibly work?
    You’re struggling with reading again. I said Ramsey, Laca, Boomerang and Ozil in the same team. Explain that formation to me and then explain how we would have defended in midfield while playing all four.

You’re struggling with reading again. I said Ramsey, Laca, Boomerang and Ozil in the same team. Explain that formation to me and then explain how we would have defended in midfield while playing all four.
    Mate. This isn’t the right time. Arsenal fans are hurting at the moment. Come back with your ‘amusng’ japes ina few weeks. We take the stuff seriously over here and it’s hurtful.

Thanks for try8ngbto lift the mood though. You’ve just misjudged what football mean so to people who grew up with it and understand it.

Is this a serious question?

How about a back four, a keeper, Torreira and Guendouzi?

Jesus wept. I know we lost a final, but plug your brain back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Mate. This isn’t the right time. Arsenal fans are hurting at the moment. Come back with your ‘amusng’ japes ina few weeks. We take the stuff seriously over here and it’s hurtful.

Thanks for try8ngbto lift the mood though. You’ve just misjudged what football mean so to people who grew up with it and understand it.
    Indeed. Good night all.