Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carwimb. I had a leisurely 10 minute drive to Upminster

Carwimb. I had a leisurely 10 minute drive to Upminster

when i pulled up on a country lane to see clear smoke coming from wons engine.

no lights on the dash and the temperature was fine.

RAC fella came, he topped up my coolant which was under the minimum revved the ting like a mental for 5 minutes and followed me home.
    No more smoke.

So since all he did was put some water in the engine may I have been lucky and all it was was a low coolant level?

my automatic response is to search for a new car whilst waiting for RAC.

How about that Arsenal fan driving from London to Baku via Baghdad because of border issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    when i pulled up on a country lane to see clear smoke coming from wons engine.

no lights on the dash and the temperature was fine.

RAC fella came, he topped up my coolant which was under the minimum revved the ting like a mental for 5 minutes and followed me home.
    No more smoke.

So since all he did was put some water in the engine may I have been lucky and all it was was a low coolant level?

my automatic response is to search for a new car whilst waiting for RAC.
    Clear smoke? Coolant below minima? Is it 1978?

Isn't it still under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

nah not anymore.

It's all a bit odd.

nah not anymore.

It's all a bit odd.
    It's a Fiat, right?

Flog it and run.

The wife has taken her boys to the Churchill War Rooms today. She's just sent me a picture of them with Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The wife has taken her boys to the Churchill War Rooms today. She's just sent me a picture of them with Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    Gathering strength for the struggle ahead, perhaps? Seeking inspiration for the address to the House which unifies MPs and the country into a single, cheering entity, determined to strike out and show Britain's spunk the the rest of the world?

JR-M, not g and boys.

It's a Fiat, right?

Flog it and run.
    i can still get a reasonable return on it.
    But I am waiting for my business empire to take off.

Gathering strength for the struggle ahead, perhaps? Seeking inspiration for the address to the House which unifies MPs and the country into a single, cheering entity, determined to strike out and show Britain's spunk the the rest of the world?

JR-M, not g and boys.
    She said he was extremely polite and charming, but described his handshake as 'light'.

I did clarify with her that she meant 'light' rather than 'limp', but even so it was a bit worrying.

i can still get a reasonable return on it.
    But I am waiting for my business empire to take off.
    Mate. You're driving an Italian car out of warranty, from which smoke has begun to emanate.

I cannot stress the urgency of the situation enough. Find a mug punter and dispose of the moneypit immediately.

And if I ever catch you driving a French or Italian car out of warranty again, I will ask Rich to strike you.