Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He might be a deviant, but Tim's got this one right

He might be a deviant, but Tim's got this one right

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Christ no! I would take a 10-0 humiliation if it meant those ****s not winning. Fúck it, there are body parts I'd sacrifice to stop Tottenham winning it.

What the actual fúck is wrong with these freaks? Have they no idea what it means to be an Arsenal fan?

He’s wrong. If we want to be competitive for the foreseeable future then we need to be in the champions league. It’s now a difference of €50-60m per year in revenue compared with the Europa League. People should worry about their own ****ing team rather than what some other ****s win.

I'm just struggling to understand the mechanics of the whole thing. I mean, how does our result affect their result? Surely they are two seperate, independent games?

Perhaps I have missed something glaringly obvious; apologies if this is the case.

Just for the record, I'd prefer it if we won our game and they lost theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm just struggling to understand the mechanics of the whole thing. I mean, how does our result affect their result? Surely they are two seperate, independent games?

Perhaps I have missed something glaringly obvious; apologies if this is the case.

It's a hypothetical counterfactual in which you get a binary choice between a scenario in which both teams win or one in which both teams lose.

But you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He’s wrong. If we want to be competitive for the foreseeable future then we need to be in the champions league. It’s now a difference of €50-60m per year in revenue compared with the Europa League. People should worry about their own ****ing team rather than what some other ****s win.
    "Competitive" "Revenue"

I would give anything - literally ANYTHING - for Spurs to lose.

"Competitive" "Revenue"

I would give anything - literally ANYTHING - for Spurs to lose.
    It's a really stupid argument with no real upside.

I want Arsenal to win and Spurs to lose. Anyone who thinks about it much beyond that is a tragic c*nt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

It’s hypothetical nonsense started on AFTV for people to show how much they love Arsenal by hating Spurs but now twisted to show our fans are pretty much as childish as theirs.

Don’t get what the issue is...us and Liverpool are both going to win...no weird deals with the devil, voodoo, wizardry etc required

Free money time...anything between 11/4 and 3/1 is good business.

"Competitive" "Revenue"

You just don't get it, do you.
    I want my team to be the best possible and win the best competitions. I’ve grown out of the “bragging rights” phase. Worried about their fans being able to say they won it first? For **** sake. Your team has won next to **** all in Europe, worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    It's a really stupid argument with no real upside.

I want Arsenal to win and Spurs to lose. Anyone who thinks about it much beyond that is a tragic c*nt.
    Spurs being trophyless is an integral part of my identity as an Arsenal fan. If that changes - especially if it involved them winning the biggest trophy of all, and one we've never won ourselves - it would deal a massive blow to that identity.