Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
This is correct. The claim by Remainers that Brexit has caused such chaos that only a second referendum can settle it is simply disingenuous nonsense. It has been their obstructionism, deliberate sabotage and outright refusal to consider a future properly outside the EU that has caused the chaos. The idea that they should be rewarded for their deliberate decision to make Brexit unworkable by being given another shot at Remain is utterly fúcking abhorrent.
Well, there's two parts to it. In terms of the members of parliament who will not vote for any kind of Brexit other than one by name only, I think you are correct. They have refused to recognise a democratic decision because they believe that is the best way for them to keep their seats imo.

However, I am not convinced that the negotiations themselves have resulted in a deal worse than that that might have been achieved had the negotiations been conducted differently. The EU always had all the cards and no motivation at all to make it easy on us. If anything, the debacle of negotiations strengthens their hand if anyone else should have the temerity to decide to leave.

In which case, this was always going to come down to Remain or No Deal. So as reprehensible as some of the participants have been on both sides, I think we've ended up where we should have all along.