Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How to spin an election result.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is correct. The claim by Remainers that Brexit has caused such chaos that only a second referendum can settle it is simply disingenuous nonsense. It has been their obstructionism, deliberate sabotage and outright refusal to consider a future properly outside the EU that has caused the chaos. The idea that they should be rewarded for their deliberate decision to make Brexit unworkable by being given another shot at Remain is utterly fúcking abhorrent.
    Well, there's two parts to it. In terms of the members of parliament who will not vote for any kind of Brexit other than one by name only, I think you are correct. They have refused to recognise a democratic decision because they believe that is the best way for them to keep their seats imo.

However, I am not convinced that the negotiations themselves have resulted in a deal worse than that that might have been achieved had the negotiations been conducted differently. The EU always had all the cards and no motivation at all to make it easy on us. If anything, the debacle of negotiations strengthens their hand if anyone else should have the temerity to decide to leave.

In which case, this was always going to come down to Remain or No Deal. So as reprehensible as some of the participants have been on both sides, I think we've ended up where we should have all along.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Aren't you worried a GE could wipe Remain out, once and for all
    If a proper Brexiteer came in and immediately threatened to withdraw the whip from any hardcore remainers (meaning they would be fúcked at a GE) and then dared them to bring down the government, he might have to go to the country, but he'd have a good chance of actually winning a workable majority sans remain filth clogging up the party.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Aren't you worried a GE could wipe Remain out, once and for all
    No, because I have no really strong opinion on whether or not we should leave. I just want progress at this point. And I don't like being half committed to something. The people I have the most disregard for are anyone who voted Leave but who cannot accept No Deal. Spineless cowards, the lot of them.

No Deal or Remain, Britain. Make your minds up and get on with it.

I wanted him to admit that

If a proper Brexiteer came in and immediately threatened to withdraw the whip from any hardcore remainers (meaning they would be fúcked at a GE) and then dared them to bring down the government, he might have to go to the country, but he'd have a good chance of actually winning a workable majority sans remain filth clogging up the party.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

'Remain filth'? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    However, I am not convinced that the negotiations themselves have resulted in a deal worse than that that might have been achieved had the negotiations been conducted differently. The EU always had all the cards and no motivation at all to make it easy on us. If anything, the debacle of negotiations strengthens their hand if anyone else should have the temerity to decide to leave.
    The problem with the negotiations was May ruling out the no-deal from the start. If you are haggling with someone over the price of a car but say to them that you will buy the car you've already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    'Remain filth'? Really?
    Absolutely! We must have ideological purity within the Party.

The scum must be purged: Remainers; Lefty bleeding hearts; identity politics wallahs; tax raisers; Allan-lovers; nanny staters; warmists - they all have to go.

The scum must be purged: Remainers; Lefty bleeding hearts; identity politics wallahs; tax raisers; Allan-lovers; nanny staters; warmists - they all have to go.
    This cavalier use of intemperate language distresses me. When the left do it we, quite rightly, assume the moral high ground.

Be better than the leftists, b. Do now crawl into the gutter with them.

You see what you and your sort have done? That's practically the entire Conservative party nowadays

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This cavalier use of intemperate language distresses me. When the left do it we, quite rightly, assume the moral high ground.

Be better than the leftists, b. Do now crawl into the gutter with them.
    Pfff. The centre is dead. You and your moderation and your namby-pamby fears of nasty words have no place in the glorious future, in which the enemies of Britain must be crushed utterly on the way to glorious, sunlit uplands.