Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Chocolate Hobnobs or Chocolate Digestives?

Chocolate Hobnobs or Chocolate Digestives?

discuss 10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    discuss 10 characters
    There was a time, not so long ago, when I dabbled with the new-fangled Hob Nob, f, but now, in the autumn of my years, I have reverted to the proper, old-fashioned biscuit. Long live the Digestive!

discuss 10 characters
    Plain, original Digestive. Why sully such a sublime creation with mediocre chocolate?! Most disappointing.

discuss 10 characters
    Neither. Chocolate biscuits are basically shíte. Give me a sablé or a shortbread or fůck off IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Neither. Chocolate biscuits are basically shíte. Give me a sablé or a shortbread or fůck off IMO.
    I ate a 1kg box of shortbread on Boxing Day

1 Kilogram.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There was a time, not so long ago, when I dabbled with the new-fangled Hob Nob, f, but now, in the autumn of my years, I have reverted to the proper, old-fashioned biscuit. Long live the Digestive!
    Also, if you even think about taking a breath while eating a Hobnob, a piece of oaty goodness will fly to the back of one's throat and attempt to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Also, if you even think about taking a breath while eating a Hobnob, a piece of oaty goodness will fly to the back of one's throat and attempt to kill you.
    Is this an official medical warning against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I ate a 1kg box of shortbread on Boxing Day

1 Kilogram.
    See also: Danish Butter Cookies.

Basically, any biscuit must have a huge amount of butter and only enough flour to prevent it falling apart if breathed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    See also: Danish Butter Cookies.

Basically, any biscuit must have a huge amount of butter and only enough flour to prevent it falling apart if breathed upon.
    Have you tried dipping a shortbread in a glass of red wine? I appreciate that this may sound bizarre but you really ought to try it. You bite into the shortbread and get an instant punch of red wine. The middle finish of the wine is then replaced with a particularly intense blast of shortbread flavor which lingers for quite some time.

Sadly the nice gesture of someone bringing a packet or two of biscuits to share in the office is now ruined.
    They have to now also bring in a gluten free pack and another for the vegan bores.