Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: So. Should you ever get the opportunity of seeing Take That live,

  1. #1

    So. Should you ever get the opportunity of seeing Take That live,

    don't bother.

    Blimey, I'm no music snob and I bow to no man in my appreciation of good pop music, but this... this is cynical, bland shíte.

    The ladies loved it, mind.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    don't bother.

    Blimey, I'm no music snob and I bow to no man in my appreciation of good pop music, but this... this is cynical, bland shíte.

    The ladies loved it, mind.
    I am going to a music festival on Sunday. Here is the lineup. How many of these acts have you heard of, Sir C?

    East Stage

    21:10-22:25 Christine & The Queens

    19:30-20:30 Metronomy

    18:00-18:45 Honne

    16:45-17:30 Toro Y Moi

    15:30-16:15 Baloji

    14:30-15:00 Mild Orange

    13:30-14:00 QBRCK



    North Stage

    20:05-21:05 James Blake

    18:40-19:35 Kamasi Washington

    17:15-18:00 KURT VILE & The Violators

    16:00-16:45 Ezra Collective

    14:45-15:30 Yves Tumor

    13:45-14:20 Cuco



    West Stage

    19:30-20:30 Maribou State

    18:00-18:50 Beach House

    16:30-17:15 Princess Nokia

    15:15-16:00 Bob Moses

    14:15-14:45 Rina Sawayama

    13:30-14:00 Kojaque



    X Stage

    20:30-22:00 Call Super

    19:00-20:30 Andrew Weatherall

    17:30-19:00 Octo Octa

    16:00-17:30 Moxie

    14:30-16:00 Galcher Lustwerk

    13:00-14:30 Paquita Gordon



    Firestone

    18:15-18:40 Lava La Rue

    16:45-17:10 Kaiit

    15:35-16:00 Lou Doillon

    14:20-14:45 John Nicholas

    13:20-13:45 Contour



    Jagerhaus

    20:00-20:45 Romare (Live)

    19:00-20:00 Tsha

    18:20-19:00 Self Esteem

    17:20-18:20 Sian Anderson (DJ Set)

    16:45-17:20 Cola Boyy

    15:45-16:15 Retiree

    14:45-15:45 Madison Mcferrin

    13:45-14:15 Deep Deep Water

    13:00-13:45 8 Bit Society (DJ Set)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    don't bother.

    Blimey, I'm no music snob and I bow to no man in my appreciation of good pop music, but this... this is cynical, bland shíte.

    The ladies loved it, mind.
    Why did you end up going to a Take That concert out of interest?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I am going to a music festival on Sunday. Here is the lineup. How many of these acts have you heard of, Sir C?

    East Stage

    21:10-22:25 Christine & The Queens

    19:30-20:30 Metronomy

    18:00-18:45 Honne

    16:45-17:30 Toro Y Moi

    15:30-16:15 Baloji

    14:30-15:00 Mild Orange

    13:30-14:00 QBRCK



    North Stage

    20:05-21:05 James Blake

    18:40-19:35 Kamasi Washington

    17:15-18:00 KURT VILE & The Violators

    16:00-16:45 Ezra Collective

    14:45-15:30 Yves Tumor

    13:45-14:20 Cuco



    West Stage

    19:30-20:30 Maribou State

    18:00-18:50 Beach House

    16:30-17:15 Princess Nokia

    15:15-16:00 Bob Moses

    14:15-14:45 Rina Sawayama

    13:30-14:00 Kojaque



    X Stage

    20:30-22:00 Call Super

    19:00-20:30 Andrew Weatherall

    17:30-19:00 Octo Octa

    16:00-17:30 Moxie

    14:30-16:00 Galcher Lustwerk

    13:00-14:30 Paquita Gordon



    Firestone

    18:15-18:40 Lava La Rue

    16:45-17:10 Kaiit

    15:35-16:00 Lou Doillon

    14:20-14:45 John Nicholas

    13:20-13:45 Contour



    Jagerhaus

    20:00-20:45 Romare (Live)

    19:00-20:00 Tsha

    18:20-19:00 Self Esteem

    17:20-18:20 Sian Anderson (DJ Set)

    16:45-17:20 Cola Boyy

    15:45-16:15 Retiree

    14:45-15:45 Madison Mcferrin

    13:45-14:15 Deep Deep Water

    13:00-13:45 8 Bit Society (DJ Set)
    Not a single one, thank God.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    Why did you end up going to a Take That concert out of interest?
    It was happening where I was staying for a work do, and the bar staff thought it would be hilarious to sneak us in halfway through. I was about 9 pints in so it sounded like an amusing idea. I was wrong.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    don't bother.

    Blimey, I'm no music snob and I bow to no man in my appreciation of good pop music, but this... this is cynical, bland shíte.

    The ladies loved it, mind.
    when they did a tour a while back. My boss had given me some free tickets, I put them on ebay had a smoke and by the time the smoke was done they had sold.

    then i had to pretend I enjoyed the show.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    when they did a tour a while back. My boss had given me some free tickets, I put them on ebay had a smoke and by the time the smoke was done they had sold.

    then i had to pretend I enjoyed the show.
    There were many, many ladies of a certain age who were clearly deeply committed to Jason, Howard and the other one. Is that who I mean?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    don't bother.

    Blimey, I'm no music snob and I bow to no man in my appreciation of good pop music, but this... this is cynical, bland shíte.

    The ladies loved it, mind.
    And there it is.. As you say. The Ladies.
    Saw them a few years back when we had a box at Wembley. They wheeled on some pretty impressive mechanicals mind.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    And there it is.. As you say. The Ladies.
    Saw them a few years back when we had a box at Wembley. They wheeled on some pretty impressive mechanicals mind.
    They had dancers and a gospel choir and a huge set that was like a sort of Transformer... BUT THE BLANDNESS! It actually made me nauseous.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was happening where I was staying for a work do, and the bar staff thought it would be hilarious to sneak us in halfway through. I was about 9 pints in so it sounded like an amusing idea. I was wrong.
    Fair enough. Tbh I have seen them at Wembley Stadium when Robbie William rejoined. Had an invite by a friend who had a box. I thought the stage design, lighting & theatrics were incredible. Music was shíte but glad I went.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •