Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I’ve now polished off 3 of those marinated anchovy cartons

I’ve now polished off 3 of those marinated anchovy cartons

In a fortnight . Mrs 7 is quite dismayed at witnessing these slippery, oily little fish disappearing down my gregory.
    I’m not sure if it’s the lemon vinegary gloop that’s luring me in or the combination with the fish.
    I mean, this isn’t normal is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    In a fortnight . Mrs 7 is quite dismayed at witnessing these slippery, oily little fish disappearing down my gregory.
    I’m not sure if it’s the lemon vinegary gloop that’s luring me in or the combination with the fish.
    Where did you get them?

I used to like those pickled herrings I got from Sainsbury's. Now we have a car and can get to one again, I must remember to buy some. They're lush.

What sort of marinade, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Where did you get them?

I used to like those pickled herrings I got from Sainsbury's. Now we have a car and can get to one again, I must remember to buy some. They're lush.

What sort of marinade, btw?
    Sainsbury’s. The marinade seems to be a type of lemony vinegarette. Not completely sure but similar to the mix they use for cockles but oily .

My eldest daughter will demolish one of those in 30 seconds, no one else gets a look in

Sainsbury’s. The marinade seems to be a type of lemony vinegarette. Not completely sure but similar to the mix they use for cockles but oily .
    Oooh. Are they in the little plastic tuns on the shelves near the rollmops and pickled herrings, or in the deli counter?

I might have to have a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oooh. Are they in the little plastic tuns on the shelves near the rollmops and pickled herrings, or in the deli counter?

I might have to have a try.
    Yes. Next to the olives, humus, artichokes etc.

Yes. Next to the olives, humus, artichokes etc.
    Gotcha. The glw likes anchovies so I may surprise her.