Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I read that finally we’re getting shot of Bouldy.

I read that finally we’re getting shot of Bouldy.

Two decades at the club. Not bad for doing little more than nod at Arsene from the bench.

What have you observed from your time seeing him performing his role away from the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What have you observed from your time seeing him performing his role away from the bench?
    Clearly the defence is at its worst in living memory. Therefore, Bould’s contribution ( whatever it was ) can hardly be viewed as a success.
    Emery’s also come to the conclusion that it’s time for change and Freddie is the name on the sheet.
    Get rid. imo

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Two decades at the club. Not bad for doing little more than nod at Arsene from the bench.
    Well paid cone collector

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well paid cone collector
    That seems to have been the case. Monty will no doubt be along in a mo to ask you if you’ve ever actually witnessed him collecting cones

That seems to have been the case. Monty will no doubt be along in a mo to ask you if you’ve ever actually witnessed him collecting cones
    Fair assumption, imo. Can't have been teaching them to defend

We've been pretty decent at defending corners and that's more or less his job.

I remember when Bouldy first came in and we swiftly achieved two clean sheets in a row. Awimb's Herbert Chapman decided this was enough to pronounce Bouldy's role in our new found defensive solidity as "the elephant in the room".

My god did I rip the piss out of him about this for weeks

Lee Dixon let slip something a while back...he said he told Bouldie to have a word with Bellend about tracking back once in a while. Bouldie told him he says that to him every game but he doesn’t listen.

Players really needed a generous kick up the backside imo

The defence is going to improve but it might be more to do with players coming and going rather than sacking Bouldie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Lee Dixon let slip something a while back...he said he told Bouldie to have a word with Bellend about tracking back once in a while. Bouldie told him he says that to him every game but he doesn’t listen.

Players really needed a generous kick up the backside imo

The defence is going to improve but it might be more to do with players coming and going rather than sacking Bouldie.
    But then I suppose this depends on his training brief. If it’s simply to advise/suggest without implementation, it sounds like Bouldy is your man and why change things ?
    If Emery keeps with the same regime and we keep shipping goals, the Directors, at some point, will hold him to account.
    Management d’ye see ? Someone has to fall on their swords for the defence fiasco and at this juncture, Dick’s going to cover his bases. Ta ta Bouldy..