Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like the idea of asking players to fly all the way to Timbuktu (or wherever this nonsense is happening), going through all the pre-game nonsense and then asking them to display their contempt for it by kicking the ball around for no purpose for 120 minutes.
    Well we tried it for most of the season...........

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Well we tried it for most of the season...........
    Nice work, p.

I like the idea of asking players to fly all the way to Timbuktu (or wherever this nonsense is happening), going through all the pre-game nonsense and then asking them to display their contempt for it by kicking the ball around for no purpose for 120 minutes.
    I suppose they wouldn't even need to kick it about. If they take kick off then the players can leave the ball in play and fraternize with one another until half time. Second half starts and the same thing goes on.

UEFA would be SEETHING.

Read that Chelsea only sold 600 tickets.

The black market prices are a treat to look at.

Pity whoever paid over the top initially hoping to make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I suppose they wouldn't even need to kick it about. If they take kick off then the players can leave the ball in play and fraternize with one another until half time. Second half starts and the same thing goes on.

UEFA would be SEETHING.
    What form would this fraternisation take, r? Card schools? Practising goal celebration dances? Haircare tips? Comparing tattoos? Roasting dolly birds? (or has that gone out of fashion since all the rape cases?)

What form would this fraternisation take, r? Card schools? Practising goal celebration dances? Haircare tips? Comparing tattoos? Roasting dolly birds? (or has that gone out of fashion since all the rape cases?)
    Maybe a display of unnecessarily complex handshake routines or a waterfight using the Lucozade drinks they have on the touchlines. After all, they are duty bound to provide some sort of entertainment for the spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Maybe a display of unnecessarily complex handshake routines or a waterfight using the Lucozade drinks they have on the touchlines. After all, they are duty bound to provide some sort of entertainment for the spectators.
    This sounds excellent, r. Perhaps they could organise a scratch game of cricket? After all, it's always funny watching benighted foreigners trying to play cricket.

hounded out by scum
    Says his tormentor-in-chief Berni the Bored who wanted him gone just to alleviate the tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Says his tormentor-in-chief Berni the Bored who wanted him gone just to alleviate the tedium.
    You called him a senile French ****. Arsene, not berni.

This sounds excellent, r. Perhaps they could organise a scratch game of cricket? After all, it's always funny watching benighted foreigners trying to play cricket.
    That would require apparatus to be bought onto the field of play which may contravene the laws of the game & result in a drop ball, though. Also, I seem to recall people at Arsenal making Gabriel Paulista play cricket. He didn't take naturally to it and looked terribly cross about the entire situation