Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In my defence, I believe I made clear at the time that I didn't actually expect things to get any better by getting rid of AW, I simply wanted them to be more amusing. This dago is in no way amusing.
    Wel one was a walking parody of a comedy french detective, the other a parody of a comedy spanish waiter. At least, during a match, the spaniard pulls the most grotesque faces for our amusement

In my defence, I believe I made clear at the time that I didn't actually expect things to get any better by getting rid of AW, I simply wanted them to be more amusing. This dago is in no way amusing.
    You wanted that fine gentleman sacked for the sake of your amusement? You're no better than Farage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You wanted that fine gentleman sacked for the sake of your amusement? You're no better than Farage.
    No. I never wanted him sacked. I wanted him to leave and be happy - like when you release an animal into the wild. I wanted to see him gambol in the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Perhaps b is Farage except Farage seems to have a sense of humour
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Wel one was a walking parody of a comedy french detective, the other a parody of a comedy spanish waiter. At least, during a match, the spaniard pulls the most grotesque faces for our amusement

I found his way with the English language amusing at first, I must admit. However, I did actually expect it to get better - which it has not.
    I also rather expected someone to take him aside and have a word with him about his teeth and hair.

Presumably, we did all happily agree to it two years ago when the venue arrangements were made? I guess, either we never thought we'd make the final or we never thought we'd end up signing young Henrikh

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Problem is, we have been told it is safe for him to go... i can see why the club have decided not to take him, and the whole thing is a joke...but UEFA will say this is our decision etc etc blah blah and wash their hands of anything to do with it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Perhaps b is Farage except Farage seems to have a sense of humour
    I rather like Farage, but take issue with some of his tailoring. In particular, I find his taste for yellow or mustard corduroy trouserings extremely upsetting. He dresses like the sort of chap who'd pocket the silverware at a country house weekend.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-21-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Presumably, we did all happily agree to it two years ago when the venue arrangements were made? I guess, either we never thought we'd make the final or we never thought we'd end up signing young Henrikh
    Maybe we didn't know where Baku was?

Right. And we just didn't want to say anything, hurt anyone's feelings.

Maybe we didn't know where Baku was?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. And we just didn't want to say anything, hurt anyone's feelings.
    This strikes me as the most likely explanation. We just assumed it was somewhere vaguely civilised, never imagining that UEFA would hold a European final in some tinpot dictatorship for which it's hard to obtain visas and which discriminates against Armenians (whatever tthey are). And, by the time we looked it up (ie at about half time in the second leg of the semi) it was too late.