Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burger King UK...always felt a restaurant should be neutral ground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If Gurkhas have a defining feature, it's loyalty. Loyalty to the regiment and therefore to its supreme commander, Her Majesty.

And Her Majesty is not going to side with you unwashed layabouts, is she?
    Really, C?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8921926.html

She's a Kraut, init?

If BoJo gets in, she'll call a coup and all the Gurkhas, Sikhs, Pathans and Baluchis will come to her aid. BoJo's a Turk and you should remember what my boys did to them in WW1 once the useless, untrained Goras who cocked up Gallipoli were packed off to Western Front.

They'll lop his head with a kukri and we'll be free to doss around Europe for ever more.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You do realise it's perfectly possible to be a dyed-in-the-wool, Brexit voting Tory and also be an anti-fascist?

Unless, of course, you're using it as a carefully-chosen sophistry that allows the hard left to define anyone they don't like as a fascist.
    THIS. 10 characters

You do realise it's perfectly possible to be a dyed-in-the-wool, Brexit voting Tory and also be an anti-fascist?

Unless, of course, you're using it as a carefully-chosen sophistry that allows the hard left to define anyone they don't like as a fascist.
    Er, obviously.

Some of your mob have a very proud record in standing up to all forms of fascism (both left and right.)

I just don't see why saying that fascists deserve a good kicking** means one would necessarily support tankies. They deserve a good kicking too.

That's why the Eastern Front in WW2 was ace*. Millions of dead scum on both sides.

*Other than for the civilians, obv.

** And while Ahimsa is obviously what we should all aspire to, unfortunately with many fascists, a good kicking is the only language they understand. cf Kohima and Imphal. As I say, don't mess with the Goddess Kali.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Er, obviously.

Some of your mob have a very proud record in standing up to all forms of fascism (both left and right.)

I just don't see why saying that fascists deserve a good kicking** means one would necessarily support tankies. They deserve a good kicking too.

That's why the Eastern Front in WW2 was ace*. Millions of dead scum on both sides.

*Other than for the civilians, obv.

** And while Ahimsa is obviously what we should all aspire to, unfortunately with many fascists, a good kicking is the only language they understand. cf Kohima and Imphal. As I say, don't mess with the Goddess Kali.
    The point is that in a civilised political environment, nobody 'deserves' a good kicking - and that anyone advocating that they do is no better than those for whom they advocate it.
    Last edited by Burney; 05-20-2019 at 02:41 PM.

The point is that in a civilised political environment, nobody 'deserves' a good kicking - and that anyone advocating that they do is no better than those for whom they advocate it.
    Oh, I agree.

In a civilised environment.

But trying to annex India when we're close to independence isn't civilised. They would have been beastly to the Mahatma, wouldn't play cricket and wouldn't have allowed Congress to build a system based on British parliamentary democracy.

Likewise, bombing Highbury isn't civilised.

This is why fascists - real fascists with tanks and bombs and death camps and stuff - need a good kicking. Not tinpot wannabes like Farrage or Trump.

Obv, I use the term fascist to include tankies. They also need a good kicking. All of them would have executed me for simply being me so fück the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    and free of politics.

Shame...can’t even enjoy a whopper without this woke nonsense.

A bit silly encouraging people to buy their milkshakes to throw at Nigel and co...

Could easily escalate way out of control.
    Just a little attempt at humor, jeez. Anyway it takes a lot more than milkshakes to bring down Nigel Farage. Best believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Oh, I agree.

In a civilised environment.

But trying to annex India when we're close to independence isn't civilised. They would have been beastly to the Mahatma, wouldn't play cricket and wouldn't have allowed Congress to build a system based on British parliamentary democracy.

Likewise, bombing Highbury isn't civilised.

This is why fascists - real fascists with tanks and bombs and death camps and stuff - need a good kicking. Not tinpot wannabes like Farrage or Trump.

Obv, I use the term fascist to include tankies. They also need a good kicking. All of them would have executed me for simply being me so fück the lot of them.
    I think you underestimate Trump and Farage. They're not the same as fascism, because they have emerged during a period relative financial security. Bu they can still get up to a lot of mischief. My old German professor would say that they're comparable to the populists on the 1890s in Europe. They lay the groundwork for what comes after. They plant the seed. And they're pretty sh!tty in their own right. Albeit witty at times.

Commies fighting against the machine by buying the Whopper® Sandwich.