Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In a shock move, Corbyn has called off the cross-party Brexit talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would argue that even allowing the concept of Islamophobia anywhere near the statute book is a form of madness.
    What about the concept of anti-Semitism?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What about the concept of anti-Semitism?
    Anti-semitism is a racial doctrine. One could reject Judaism completely and an anti-semite will still hate you.
    Islam a series of ideas, not a race. Abandon the tenets of Islam and critics of Islam will have no issue with you.

If JC were to win the next GE because of his manoeuvring, some might consider that to less than entirely cretinous. Not that I'm predicting that at this point.
    Fair point but I think he would be winning because of the Tory's inadequacies rather than his own manoeuvering which is far from clever imho

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Anti-semitism is a racial doctrine. One could reject Judaism completely and an anti-semite will still hate you.
    Islam a series of ideas, not a race. Abandon the tenets of Islam and critics of Islam will have no issue with you.
    But the urge to define anti-Semitism as any criticism of Israel (and not of people with Jewish DNA), and to enshrine that in law, IS similar to the urge to define Islamophobia as any criticism of Islam.

Besides, anti-Semites will say that if "The Joos" abandon their schemes to rule the world then they'll have no further issue with them.

But the urge to define anti-Semitism as any criticism of Israel (and not of people with Jewish DNA), and to enshrine that in law, IS similar to the urge to define Islamophobia as any criticism of Islam.

Besides, anti-Semites will say that if "The Joos" abandon their schemes to rule the world then they'll have no further issue with them.
    I think criticism of Israel is OK. However, calling for its destruction while using the term zionist when you mean 'Jew' is not.

Also, there are lots more repressive and unjust states on earth than Israel. If you choose to ignore those and focus particularly on the perceived shortcomings of the only Jewish state on earth, you can hardly be surprised when people are suspicious of your motives.