Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lynyrd Skynyrd are retiring :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The Band are weird, aren't they? Had the whole down-home, good ole boy vibe, but were in fact mostly Canadian. Levon Helmet was the only actual southerner, I think.
    Yes, 'The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down' would suggest they were all full blown Johnny Rebs. Odd.

Yes, I suspected as much. You've more sagacity than most. Almost nobody amongst its fans understood, even understands, that the entire show was basically an enormous rejection of their lifestyle and ambitions. Michael Mann always hated disco.

I'll let you in on a little secret, r: I couldn't stand Miami Vice.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I was gonna say, Ronnie 'retired' a while a go, as I recall.

HOW DO YOU RUN OUT OF FUEL, FFS!?

How many bands have successfully weathered the loss of their lead singer? I can only think of AC/DC.
    Journey......

Good call.

By the way, enjoying The Donald Show? How do you see things going over the next few months? Will She be locked up?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Journey......
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They're halfway through a mahoosive farewell tour.

I know it's never been the same with Johnny standing in for Ronnie, but still... farewell Skynyrd. Go be Simple Men.
    Piss off carpetbagger. You have no claim upon Skynyrd. LIMEY.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good call.

By the way, enjoying The Donald Show? How do you see things going over the next few months? Will She be locked up?
    I've noticed all you euros love Donald Trump. You like the bullsh!tter part of it, and the fact that he's in the pocket of Russia. I know this dude who is the nephew of Robert Mugabe, and he adores Donald Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Piss off carpetbagger. You have no claim upon Skynyrd. LIMEY.
    Tell me more about your connection to The Arsenal or, indeed, sarker, you thick septic ****.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

And again; loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I've noticed all you euros love Donald Trump. You like the bullsh!tter part of it, and the fact that he's in the pocket of Russia. I know this dude who is the nephew of Robert Mugabe, and he adores Donald Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tell me more about your connection to The Arsenal or, indeed, sarker, you thick septic ****.
    I played sarker. Look at the squad, it's full of weird countries. Bosnia or whatever. Arsenal is/are international, Skynyrd is Alabammy my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And again; loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
    To be honest, I fail to see how anyone with a sense of fun can't love Trump. He just makes things so much more enjoyable.