Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Thomas Cook really is going to go bump

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I struggle to comprehend why anyone would book a package holiday; be it with Thomas Cook or any of the other odious companies out there.

    Get on to a Thomas Cook aircraft, then onto a Thomas Cook bus to your Thomas Cook hotel where Thomas Cook food can be consumed from a Thomas Cook buffet. Don't leave the resort for a week before getting back on the Thomas Cook bus to go home
    Yep, because all package holidays are just like that!
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yep, because all package holidays are just like that!
    The best ones are in Dubai, I've heard.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m not sure why people would put off travelling to Europe for their hols due to Brexit ? Is it because they think they won’t be let in, or because they’re worried about job losses.
    It's utter *******s, just a lame excuse

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yep, because all package holidays are just like that!
    Quite, can't wait for my all inclusive week in Cyprus, swim up room, loads of stuff for the kids to do

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Quite, can't wait for my all inclusive week in Cyprus, swim up room, loads of stuff for the kids to do
    And the extra protection you get from having booked it as a package......

    Same here, 10 days in turkey, all inclusive, top ranked Hotel, what's not to love
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The best ones are in Dubai, I've heard.
    Certainly has been my experience.

    Although I'm not too sure what makes a holiday a package holiday. If I phone a travel agent up and tell them I want a specific resort for 7 days in mid October and I want to fly with a certain airline and they come back with a price for transfers, hotel and flights, have I just purchased a package holiday?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    no wonder they're not sticking on extra flights to Baku!!

    https://news.sky.com/story/thomas-co...snt-sf-twitter
    I feel almost guilty about how hard I stiffed Thomas Cook. No I don't.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Certainly has been my experience.

    Although I'm not too sure what makes a holiday a package holiday. If I phone a travel agent up and tell them I want a specific resort for 7 days in mid October and I want to fly with a certain airline and they come back with a price for transfers, hotel and flights, have I just purchased a package holiday?
    No........ you have done what you would do at home and booked all the individual parts of a holiday. Package holiday is when the company "buys" seats and hotel rooms and sells them on as a package.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I feel almost guilty about how hard I stiffed Thomas Cook. No I don't.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    And the extra protection you get from having booked it as a package......

    Same here, 10 days in turkey, all inclusive, top ranked Hotel, what's not to love
    Clearly there are some less desirable packages and destinations and most unfortunately the flights are not separated by hotel rating. I suspect there will be some Ayia Napa types on my flight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •