Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I do not suppose this Man City CL ban would actually result in our getting a spot?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I still don't get it
    Why is there a Middle Eastern folk standard about a gangster in 1920s America?

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I don't get it.
    Fúcked if I know, sc.

Het is allemaal Nederlands voor mij
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Fúcked if I know, sc.

Het is allemaal Nederlands voor mij
    Do you think reg might be a little bit, you know, mental?

Do you think reg might be a little bit, you know, mental?
    a bit radio?

deffo, imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I used to be a massive pop music fan

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fúck me, r! That is a pretty obscure reference.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No, silly. They just pinched the tune.

I don't get it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Prince Buster. Al Capone? Although they did lots of "homages" ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWtw62LoVY
    Got it. Mod band The Creation wrote and had a hit with 'Painter Man' in 1966.

Do you know them? They sounded like early Who.

Oh, of course. Legendary. I understood they actually inspired The Who, among many others. And isn't "Creation Records" a tribute to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Got it. Mod band The Creation wrote and had a hit with 'Painter Man' in 1966.

Do you know them? They sounded like early Who.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, of course. Legendary. I understood they actually inspired The Who, among many others. And isn't "Creation Records" a tribute to them?
    That's what it says on the internet about McGee's label.

I have been trying and fill some of the vast gaps in my sixties knowledge* and appreciation. It was the best decade, after all. 'My Generation' (album) was the year before The Creation's first singles though.

* An impossible task, as whenever I find something I like I want to listen to it all the time, limiting further exploration.