Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For obvious reasons I haven’t taken much notice of this

For obvious reasons I haven’t taken much notice of this

‘Cup final’ in which we find ourselves, but as I understand it:

1. It’s being played in Azerbaijan, about as far from the home of both finalists as you can get and still be in, ahem, Europe.
    2. Flights are extremely limited and expensive.
    3. There is some question about the Azerbaijani’s welcome for one of our players because politics.
    4. Each club is being issued 6,000 tickets in a stadium which holds 68,000

If these reports are accurate, would it not be reasonable to expect both The Arsenal and Chelsea to advise UEFA to poke their tinpot final up their bottoms?
    Last edited by Sir C; 05-16-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    ‘Cup final’ in which we find ourselves, but as I understand it:

1. It’s being played in Azerbaijan, about as far from the home of both finalists as you can get and still be in, ahem, Europe.
    2. Flights are extremely limited and expensive.
    3. There is some question about the Azerbaijani’s welcome for one of our players because politics.
    4. Each club is being issued 6,000 tickets in a stadium which holds 68,000

If these reports are accurate, would it not be reasonable to expect both The Arsenal and Chelsea to advise UEFA to poke their tinpot final up there bottoms?
    Why would we do that when IF we win we make about £50m extra ....and since when do clubs give a **** about their fans?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Right. And anyway, everyone agreed to this years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Why would we do that when IF we win we make about £50m extra ....and since when do clubs give a **** about their fans?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Perhaps some things ought to be considered more important than money.

We are talking about football clubs, who seem to have 1 intention only, and that is to get as much money as possible no matter what it takes
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Yes. Odd though that people only ever have that particular insight when it's football, don't they. I mean, nobody ever says it about the Festival, do they. Or Bowmore. And I've never heard of anybody mentioning it to the Amex people or the Lincoln Motor Company.

Indeed, mine own wife and daughters have found a delightful little cafe somewhere about, who, in their infinite sense of goodwill and generosity of spirit, will let you have an espresso for just €15. Yet your wise words there simply didn't seem to occur to anyone who was present.

As I say, very odd.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

#WengerOut

We are talking about football clubs, who seem to have 1 intention only, and that is to get as much money as possible no matter what it takes

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. Odd though that people only ever have that particular insight when it's football, don't they. I mean, nobody ever says it about the Festival, do they. Or Bowmore. And I've never heard of anybody mentioning it to the Amex people or the Lincoln Motor Company.

Indeed, mine own wife and daughters have found a delightful little cafe somewhere about, who, in their infinite sense of goodwill and generosity of spirit, will let you have an espresso for just €15. Yet your wise words there simply didn't seem to occur to anyone who was present.

As I say, very odd.
    I have no problem with pricing the product at the market rate but this seems to me to be deliberately excluding the supporters of the competing clubs, which will surely prove counter-productive when the TV audience is disappointed by the lack of atmosphere on display, and ceases to cough quite so enthusastically for the product?

And holidn ithe final in a country which cannot guarantee the safety of one of our players because of his nationality is just mind-boggling.

I’ve just learned that Chelsea are playing games in the US at the moment. Not sure how long they’re out there but it seems a bit of an odd move before a final.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’ve just learned that Chelsea are playing games in the US at the moment. Not sure how long they’re out there but it seems a bit of an odd move before a final.
    One of their players has picked up a bad injury, apparently. It wasn't one I'd heard of though.