Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
Yes. Odd though that people only ever have that particular insight when it's football, don't they. I mean, nobody ever says it about the Festival, do they. Or Bowmore. And I've never heard of anybody mentioning it to the Amex people or the Lincoln Motor Company.

Indeed, mine own wife and daughters have found a delightful little cafe somewhere about, who, in their infinite sense of goodwill and generosity of spirit, will let you have an espresso for just €15. Yet your wise words there simply didn't seem to occur to anyone who was present.

As I say, very odd.
I have no problem with pricing the product at the market rate but this seems to me to be deliberately excluding the supporters of the competing clubs, which will surely prove counter-productive when the TV audience is disappointed by the lack of atmosphere on display, and ceases to cough quite so enthusastically for the product?

And holidn ithe final in a country which cannot guarantee the safety of one of our players because of his nationality is just mind-boggling.