Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Alabama abortion law

This Alabama abortion law

Some prick on Twitter trying to tell me that it's nothing to do with religion!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    God made them say that

hang on, couldn't a redneck female simply go to Washington or New York and request an abortion?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

To be fair, it’s perfectly possible to hold serious objections to abortion on ethical grounds while having no religious faith whatsoever. I do.

They have to say that because they couldn't ever admit that they were forcing their religious views on others as that is about as unconstitutional as it gets.

So they dress it up as a moral issue despite the fact that if you polled those people who claim to be Christian about 90% of them would be anti-choice.

BTW, a personal irritation is the use of pro-abortion or anti-abortion. Everyone is anti-abortion, everyone would prefer that there was no need for them. Regardless of how you feel on the subject, basic logic tells you that the correct terms are pro-choice and anti-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    They have to say that because they couldn't ever admit that they were forcing their religious views on others as that is about as unconstitutional as it gets.

So they dress it up as a moral issue despite the fact that if you polled those people who claim to be Christian about 90% of them would be anti-choice.

BTW, a personal irritation is the use of pro-abortion or anti-abortion. Everyone is anti-abortion, everyone would prefer that there was no need for them. Regardless of how you feel on the subject, basic logic tells you that the correct terms are pro-choice and anti-choice.
    If you’re a Christian, I guess it’s kind of hard to get past that whole ‘Thou Shalt Not Kill’ thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, it’s perfectly possible to hold serious objections to abortion on ethical grounds while having no religious faith whatsoever. I do.
    That's basically because you're a bog dwelling mick b. Most of my Irish colleagues, who are largely educated, liberal and decidedly non-religious have a deep distaste for abortion. Usually based on the spectacle of promiscuous females using it as a contraceptive solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    That's basically because you're a bog dwelling mick b. Most of my Irish colleagues, who are largely educated, liberal and decidedly non-religious have a deep distaste for abortion. Usually based on the spectacle of promiscuous females using it as a contraceptive solution.
    I simply take the view that, given a choice between the grown adult who has made informed choices and the voiceless, defenceless child being threatened with death merely for the crime of existing inconveniently, it ought to be the law’s job to prioritise defence of the latter rather than the former.

If you’re a Christian, I guess it’s kind of hard to get past that whole ‘Thou Shalt Not Kill’ thing.
    Not that hard, the large majority of them will also support the death penalty. And I'm not too sure Christianity ever stopped anyone going to war.

And of course, there is nothing in the bible that says that life begins at conception, not to my knowledge anyway. I believe that to have been the judgement of the child abusers in Rome. Mortal men, as such.

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”