Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Here are the great TV shows of this Golden Age:

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I stopped watching after the fiery Arab god guy shot his flamin' bolt up the Taxi Drivers a*se. Too gay for me but I understand that you enjoyed it very much.
    Yes, that was an unsavoury seen, it has to be said. And I do hope that was a prosthetic. Mrs IUFG got a little hot under the collar and I felt a little (ahem) under equiped.

Still, Bilquis shoving blokes up her fanny was, erm, interesting!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The Wire is a shocking omission.

Finally worked out who Eddie Nketiah looks like ie Marlo.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, different matter altogether. The French consider them serious socio-political satire, rather than schoolboy comedy.

I took it as both. The plucky locals standing against the arrogant oppressor empire, in this case a pan-national superstate, is a scenario many peoples should be able to identify with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Boardwalk Empire started to drag a bit after the second series, didn't it? Plus his bird was a disappointment.
    My brother in law's brother directed many episodes of that. I said much the same to him. He took it well and pointed out that he didn't write the scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I took it as both. The plucky locals standing against the arrogant oppressor empire, in this case a pan-national superstate, is a scenario many peoples should be able to identify with.

What have the Romans ever done for us, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What have the Romans ever done for us, eh?
    Or Brussels. Or the other Rome.

Had that 'enry the 8th in the back of the cab once.

]

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The Wire - saw one, didn't like it.

Six Feet Under - is that the one about the undertaker family? Saw one, didn't like it.

Band of Brothers - old, man.
    Also missed out the excellent Deadwood, and as an outside punt, Black Sails..

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    I'm not sure that's the case. I think it covers the entire duration of the Watchmen mythology from the Minutemen prequels, the individual character series to the actual graphic novel itself. Could be wrong.

If done correctly it could be incredible TV.

You wouldn't think that from the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Still, Bilquis shoving blokes up her fanny was, erm, interesting!
    It was funny seeing one of the men, in a later episode, floating around in her vagina induced dimension with a boner and permanent smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post

You wouldn't think that from the trailer.
    There's some BTS footage that has Hooded Justice featured. He's from the prequels. Also there's a clip in that trailer of a fairground. Very prominent in Minutemen. Maybe it is set directly after the events of Watchmen with flashbacks. Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.