Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As the transfer window silliness has not started, let's switch to Brexit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    He [Farage] believes a second vote will see Leave's share increase and I'm beginning to suspect he'll be right. I have noticed, with people in my own social circle, how much quieter the leavers are. I think remain may well be the archetypal vociferous minority who are convinced they will romp a second referendum based on nothing more than the rather noisy echo chamber they inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    He [Farage] believes a second vote will see Leave's share increase and I'm beginning to suspect he'll be right. I have noticed, with people in my own social circle, how much quieter the leavers are. I think remain may well be the archetypal vociferous minority who are convinced they will romp a second referendum based on nothing more than the rather noisy echo chamber they inhabit.
    GPWM.

The demonisation of leavers has cowed many into silence I expect. I have had to self-censor at work for three years in fear of my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    GPWM.

The demonisation of leavers has cowed many into silence I expect. I have had to self-censor at work for three years in fear of my job.
    Yes, don't get me wrong, even though I voted Remain and would now support a second referendum, if I had to bet I would bet that Leave via hard Brexit wins with a similar majority. I'm even considering voting Leave this time such is my disgust with the EU executive cretins.

But I think there is a strong argument for the referendum that I described.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, don't get me wrong, even though I voted Remain and would now support a second referendum, if I had to bet I would bet that Leave via hard Brexit wins with a similar majority. I'm even considering voting Leave this time such is my disgust with the EU executive cretins.

There should not be an option to stay if there is a second vote, the country voted to leave so the ONLY options should be Hard Brexit or a compromise deal with all the options known in advance
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The referendum you describe would be inherently fixed as it would split the leave vote.

(Edited: meant for Pokster)

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The referendum you describe would be inherently fixed as it would split the leave vote.

Um, yeah, but that's OK when both the options involve leaving.

Good lord.

Um, yeah, but that's OK when both the options involve leaving.

Good lord.
    You may have been on holiday and missed it, but we've already had a vote on this question and the electorate chose the 'Leave' option, so that bit's done.

I'm surprised you hadn't heard about it. It's been on the news and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Did you read my bit about there onloy being 2 options for the vote......
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    GPWM.

You should move to Kent, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I'm sure your social circle gives us a much greater insight than the 20-odd nationwide polls this year, Herbs. Which is lucky given Leave hadn't had a lead for 12 months. 2 way or 3 way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...m#Remain/Leave