rather amusing watching Farage on Question Time and Andrew Marr. Whilst I don't actually think he's a racist f*ckwit, what is worrying about Farage is his ability to over simplify a complex issue and come up with a solution that isn't practical or will have an impact he isn't willing to discuss. A good example is the complexity of Brexit negotiations which apparently would have gone swimmingly if we had simply held back on the 39bil and asked for a free trade deal.

Yeah, because it's that simple Nigel.

Now I must say, I do have sympathy for him on the Marr interview. Clearly Marr had no desire to do anything other than a hatchet job on him. Far better would have been asking him to explain how exactly a free trade deal would solve the Irish border issue (it wouldn't) or how many of the 17.4mil who voted Leave did he think would not have voted for a hard Brexit (surely it is a non-zero number and it would require only 634K to switch their vote in order to change the result) given that the Leave campaign made it clear we would leave with a deal.

I did like the idea that he's open to a second referendum. I have never really believed in one but have come to the conclusion that there are only two options; Remain or a hard Brexit, and it makes sense to me given the political deadlock we have that a referendum with those two options might be the best idea.