Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spurs are going to be running around our pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The worst part was seeing no-nothing 'fans' hurling abuse at him
    yes, you should have stopped doing that, r.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The worst part was seeing no-nothing 'fans' hurling abuse at him, not just in the stadium but in his day-to-day life.

Poor Arsene
    I do miss having a manager who, when he spoke, offered some chance of saying something remotely a) interesting, or b) intelligible

Although in Emery's defence, I have read a couple of interesting translated interviews with him that suggest he's not as totally witless as he looks/sounds when he attempts to speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I do miss having a manager who, when he spoke, offered some chance of saying something remotely a) interesting, or b) intelligible

Although in Emery's defence, I have read a couple of interesting translated interviews with him that suggest he's not as totally witless as he looks/sounds when he attempts to speak English.
    I really do hope that he writes a book and calls out each and every person to have said vile things towards him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because he is curséd and has brought his curse upon us.
    Did you really mean that acute, not a grave?

Or is that how they say it in Spain? Yo soy Kurrr-zayyyy'd

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    On the possible disaster recovery front, we might remind ourselves that at their previous high-water-mark They won the double ten years before us. 58 years later and they haven't won the league since while we have three doubles and a sack of league titles and FA Cups.

Not that many of us will be around in 58 years, but still .... stiff upper lip and all that.
    Apologies for the Ash...my phone is moving slower than Xhaka these days

I really do hope that he writes a book and calls out each and every person to have said vile things towards him.
    Well that would be an exciting book
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You should also write such a book Rich. You could call it ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We just need Liverpool to do their job. They'll be favourites and will have a certain weight of buoyant expectation and history that should carry them over the line.

There's no reason at all to think a Spurs win is in any sense inevitable or even highly likely.

Getting to the Champions League quarter finals is more impressive than winning the fairs ****ing cup. Winning the FA Cup is usually a lot harder than the Europa League. Last time we won the FA Cup, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Getting to the Champions League quarter finals is more impressive than winning the fairs ****ing cup. Winning the FA Cup is usually a lot harder than the Europa League. Last time we won the FA Cup, for example.
    What about when we beat Wigan in the Semi's and Hull in the final? And when did we last get the the CL Qtr finals?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar