Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBQwimb

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Do you cook with fire outdoors, Burney?
    I struggle to imagine b venturing outside if he can possibly help it. Bar the occasional visit to that notorious shed.

Do you cook with fire outdoors, Burney?
    Only in the very simple 'chuck meat on a grill over glowing coals' way. I wouldn't cook anything serious outside.

Where in Ware b, Where? Is this local ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Where in Ware b, Where? Is this local ?
    It's on the way into Hoddesdon on the parade of shops just before the BP garage.

https://pierosdeli.co.uk/

Slow cooked my first large joint on the weekend, a shoulder of pork (5 pounder).

Put a full chimney of lit charcoal (good quality lumpwood) in the offset smoker and waited for the main grill to come up to temperature (225F).

Barely got past 100F

Ended up creating two heat zones in the main grill instead and cooking it that way, resulting in it getting done an hour or two early, due to it being closer to the heat.

It was perfectly nice, but definitely suffered for the faster cooking time.

What did I do wrong?
    You simply have to learn to operate your tool correctly

If it's not getting hot enough you probably need more air, I'd have thought, so open your vents further - but I don't have experience of offset smokers so I can't be specific.

Have a look at 20 or 30 of these sorts of videos. You'll pick up tips from all of them.

That's simply balls. I smoked a rib-eye on it last week that was a match for anything I've been served up in a high-end steakhouse.

Only question is whether it's worth the faff.
    Why on earth would a "high end" steak house be able to cook steak better than you can at home?

Of course they can't. They can never get the cooking or the sauce just as close to how I like as I can myself. And that's before you get to having my fave cuts or even the race. How often do you get offered charolais fillet tournedos over here? You can buy them in packets in the supermarkets in France.

And they don't use 2 tbps of creme fraiche to a whole roquefort like I do, which means I have tons to dip up with a baguette during cooking and after munching.

B's right on this - it's the social thing. It means you and your mates can eat outside without whichever of you is cooking that day spending most of time alone in the kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's on the way into Hoddesdon on the parade of shops just before the BP garage.

https://pierosdeli.co.uk/
    I shall have to pay a visit. Always on the look out for luganega sausages for an old Italian recipe.