Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So ultimately, Chumbawamba's pelanty miss cost us St Totteringham's Day and automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd say there's a difference between professional negligence and missing a penalty, but there you go.
    I'd say there isn't really. A penalty is given because it is literally giving the attacking side the easiest possible means of scoring a goal. Given which, for a highly-paid professional whose main purpose is scoring goals to miss such an opportunity is very much professional negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I must say I'm suprised, and not a little disappointed, at the glee with which you have embraced the blame culture so eagerly propagated by the cultural Marxists.

Let us never undertake any enterprise, lest we make a mistake and lose a few passengers or miss a penalty.

Your brave new world seems to me a joyless, dispiriting place.
    I'm not saying don't undertake the enterprise, I'm just saying don't fúck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    But, what about all those chances he missed that would’ve had us in third weeks ago? I’m afraid there is no escaping this one. He’ll always be the guy who missed ‘that penalty’ at Spurs.
    That's ridiculous! It's his first season, and he's gotten the Golden Boot. Why not blame the goal conceded by Kolasinac in the Utd game? Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd say there isn't really. A penalty is given because it is literally giving the attacking side the easiest possible means of scoring a goal. Given which, for a highly-paid professional whose main purpose is scoring goals to miss such an opportunity is very much professional negligence.
    You appear to have failed to factor in the highly-paid professional goalkeeper trying to stop the goal being scored here, b.

Missing the target, that is professional negligence. Maybe.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He's supposed to score goals. That is literally his job. It's like saying 'OK, this surgeon killed you by professional negligence, but think about all the other people he hasn't killed!' It's not relevant.
    He did a good job but, not a great one. All season commentators kept saying ‘Aubameyang, oh he doesn’t miss many of those’. What player were they watching? The guy misses 3-4 sitters in every game.

Dear God. You even included the 'highly-paid' bit. Is this an audition for AFTV?

CL qualification?

I really can't begin to express my disgust at this state of affairs.
    The universe doesn't really work like that though. Who knows what would have happened after that game?

The whole team and manager have been collectively at fault for the end of season collapse imo which has seen the St Totts drought extend into a third year.

And Bergkamp missed a big pelanty with dramatic consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    The guy misses 3-4 sitters in every game.
    Utter, utter bóllocks, jt
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You appear to have failed to factor in the highly-paid professional goalkeeper trying to stop the goal being scored here, b.

Missing the target, that is professional negligence. Maybe.
    It most definitely is not. It may be a grave error, but professional negligence it most certainly isn't.

For a footballer to be guilty of professional negligence, he would need to fail to turn up on time for kick off. Once he is on the pitch he is performing tasks which, by their very nature, are prone to failure. If they were not, every game would finish 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    That's ridiculous! It's his first season, and he's gotten the Golden Boot. Why not blame the goal conceded by Kolasinac in the Utd game? Eh?

Nonsense. Anything below 25 league goals shouldn’t even count as a golden boot season.