Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So ultimately, Chumbawamba's pelanty miss cost us St Totteringham's Day and automatic

So ultimately, Chumbawamba's pelanty miss cost us St Totteringham's Day and automatic

CL qualification?

I really can't begin to express my disgust at this state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    CL qualification?

what about the other games we won because of his goals

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    But, what about all those chances he missed that would’ve had us in third weeks ago? I’m afraid there is no escaping this one. He’ll always be the guy who missed ‘that penalty’ at Spurs.

CL qualification?

Well it didn't but don't let that get in the way of you warped thinking.

IF he'd scored that you have no ideas what would have heppended in every game after that...who is to say SPurs wouldn't have won yesterday if they had to?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

CL qualification?

I don't suppose he missed on purpose, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    He's supposed to score goals. That is literally his job. It's like saying 'OK, this surgeon killed you by professional negligence, but think about all the other people he hasn't killed!' It's not relevant.

He's supposed to score goals. That is literally his job. It's like saying 'OK, this surgeon killed you by professional negligence, but think about all the other people he hasn't killed!' It's not relevant.
    I'd say there's a difference between professional negligence and missing a penalty, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't suppose he missed on purpose, though.
    No. But then I don't suppose the Captain of The Titanic meant to smash it into a fúcking great iceberg. This was little consolation for the poor ****s who drowned in the icy waters of the North Atlantic, though.

No. But then I don't suppose the Captain of The Titanic meant to smash it into a fúcking great iceberg. This was little consolation for the poor ****s who drowned in the icy waters of the North Atlantic, though.
    I must say I'm suprised, and not a little disappointed, at the glee with which you have embraced the blame culture so eagerly propagated by the cultural Marxists.

Let us never undertake any enterprise, lest we make a mistake and lose a few passengers or miss a penalty.

Your brave new world seems to me a joyless, dispiriting place.

CL qualification?

Or our defence failing to focus after scoring (twice) at Old Trafford or conceding two pelanties against Palace.

If, buts and maybes innit
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”