Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So there we have it, the league is now finished and we can conduct a quantitative

Anyone who has worked in large organisations knows that even after CEO leaves his ethos, almost his very DNA is left behind and it takes time to purge. The company I work for now is spiralling around the plughole and about to fail due, for he most part, to a founder/owner we got rid of eight years ago.

His whole firefighing, table thumping ethos cripples us to this day because of the technical debt he chose to ignore. His biggest failing was his inability to hear any voice save his own (sound familiar). We had some of America's best software engineers in our time but they never stayed long when they realised to CEO was basically a bellicose arsehole who didn't understand how anything worked.

Wenger was a notoriously soft trainer and any new manager who tries to change that will encounter resistance and resentment. He clearly had no time for set piece practice as evidenced by the number of times a corner kick would see our players looking at each other wondering who was going to take it - invariably TH would step up and proceed to stink the place out with the shíttest corner kick you ever saw.

A new manager needs to clear out his predecessor's rock stars because they will infect any new arrivals. Unai should start with that turkish ****. Keown said he wouldn't even have him in the squad for the trip to Valencia because "he doesn't play away from home". Fer fúcks fúcking sake!

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I have contended nothing of the kind. We did add reading to your areas for improvement, didn't we?

I contend that Emery should be judged on the entire season, all 38 games including the 11 wins in a row, the 20+ games in a row undefeated and the poor finish.

Any rational, logical person who understood anything about football would do exactly that. Not you and Bunnell, of course.
    Any rational, logical person would realise that Emery had enjoyed more time to influence the team by the end of the season.

p.s. Comprehension, not reading. HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Any rational, logical person would realise that Emery had enjoyed more time to influence the team by the end of the season.

p.s. Comprehension, not reading. HTH.
    Any rational, logical person who understood football would understand that there are significant number of parameters that would need to be considered when trying to understand how a team performed over a specific number of games including the quality of the opposition, the nature of the opposition, the number of games played in a specific time frame, injuries, the age of key players, the decisions taken by the manager etc etc. And that to reduce all of those considerations down to the quality of the manager only would be really stupid.

p.s. Apologies, I assumed your issue was an inability to read, I hadn't gone as far as comprehension but if that's your issue then fair enough.