Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where was this auba guy 3 weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    If we’d had a really good run and just missed out it would be one thing. But to fail, when all the rival teams were chucking away points as fast as they could go, made the whole thing even more galling. It was one of the weakest top four races ever, and we still weren’t good enough. Hope someone at the club has a proper plan/strategy of how to rebuild and move this squad forward. We have to expect the rivals will push forward and won’t be this bad again. A quick patch up job on our squad won’t be enough to keep us in contention.
    Agree with most of that.

I don’t think the squad is quite as bad as people think. It continually performed well in marquee games. Poor players can raise it now and again, but we pulled off good performances quite a few games.

I think 3 players and the return of Bellerin could make a significant difference. Lacazette is probably going though. I just hope they don’t palm us off with the dog man as a swap.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Hard to say. Improve basically. We can’t rely on Spurs not investing a penny again and Man U being a joke. We could be out of the top 4 race by Christmas if something doesn’t change.

Torreira and Guendouzi have both declined in the last couple of months. Our defence was never this bad under Wenger for so many games.

I’m not very hopeful about next season. We could win the Europa League, but frankly that’s far easier than winning the FA Cup. We’ve not played anyone who’d finish in the top 6 in the Premiership yet. We play one and it will be a tight game.
    Overreliance on Torreira, and of course Guendouzi is only 19. Our backups are not good enough. I like how Ozil has come back into things. Lot of people who are perfectly fine but don't really move the needle: Elneny, Mikhitaryan (at this stage), Iwobi. It was a shame about Bellerin and Holding.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    We’ve not played anyone who’d finish in the top 6 in the Premiership yet. We play one and it will be a tight game.
    Other than Napoli who will finish second in Serie A? You don't think the second place team in Serie A would finish in the top 6 in the PL?

Or is this another piece of AFC East insightful analysis where you exclude all the evidence that doesn't fit your theory because otherwise you might have to accept that you are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Other than Napoli who will finish second in Serie A? You don't think the second place team in Serie A would finish in the top 6 in the PL?

Or is this another piece of AFC East insightful analysis where you exclude all the evidence that doesn't fit your theory because otherwise you might have to accept that you are wrong?
    If it wasn't for a great save in the Liverpool game, Napoli would have knocked them out in the group stage.

Amazing that it is easier to win the EL than the FA cup.

5th placed finish, EL final...seems like progression to me
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar