Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: MotorWIMB. We need a cheap disposable motor. Seen a Micra with 148k on the clock

MotorWIMB. We need a cheap disposable motor. Seen a Micra with 148k on the clock

for £800.

Does this sound excessive?

Everything else about it is perfect - beats the new London emissions tax, really cheap insurance and tax band, 5dr hatchback, petrol, manual etc. {I don't drive, the glw does.}

But is 150k a lot of miles for a little Nissan Micra?

Or as we'll only drive a few miles most days, can we expect that to last for a year or two?

Any genuine help appreciated.

Think the last car we bought was almost 15 years ago and cost a couple of hundred quid. {We got a BMW 318 for £140 before that.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    for £800.

Does this sound excessive?

Everything else about it is perfect - beats the new London emissions tax, really cheap insurance and tax band, 5dr hatchback, petrol, manual etc. {I don't drive, the glw does.}

But is 150k a lot of miles for a little Nissan Micra?

Or as we'll only drive a few miles most days, can we expect that to last for a year or two?

Any genuine help appreciated.

Think the last car we bought was almost 15 years ago and cost a couple of hundred quid. {We got a BMW 318 for £140 before that.}
    Hire one as and when you need it, that's what I did when I lived in London

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Hire one as and when you need it, that's what I did when I lived in London
    We're outta London. The nearest hire place is a tenner away in a taxi.

Tbf, the taxis here are so cheap, it would be worth it for going to the big shopping centre once or twice a week compared to running a car.

But we've had a mate's for the last 6 weeks and we've got used to it for those ten min walks each way sort of trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    But we've had a mate's for the last 6 weeks and we've got used to it for those ten min walks each way sort of trips.
    A ten minute walk is walking distance, my friend.

We're outta London. The nearest hire place is a tenner away in a taxi.

Tbf, the taxis here are so cheap, it would be worth it for going to the big shopping centre once or twice a week compared to running a car.

get a cheap ford focus run it to the ground then get another won.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A ten minute walk is walking distance, my friend.
    Big shop is for Ocado/Sainsbury's/Asda delivery, imo

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Big shop is for Ocado/Sainsbury's/Asda delivery, imo
    I tried once. But they changed the fish, meaning I'd bought loads of other ingredients I wasn't going to use.

I'd rather shop so if they don't have things, I can change my plans myself. Not get some algorithm to do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    get a cheap ford focus run it to the ground then get another won.
    If I did go for one of those, how many miles would be the max you'd want on the clock?