Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The outdoor supplies shop in Cockermouth is closing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well berni's no spring chicken and he's only got one ball. I wonder, perchance, if the other is in the Albert Hall.
    Even Sir C is younger than me, and he is practically dead

Wonder if he kept it in a jam jar for old times sake
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I know where you mean. There are a lot of quite decent bric-a-brac/antique shops in Cockermouth. Always good for whiling away a few hours. The best pub is The Bitter End, which serves a magnificent pint of Jennings. The Fletcher Christian is (or was) a kip.

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The one opposite the arts and crafts supplies shop.

Yes, it is.

Did you know that there is a little Italian restaurant which serves perfect, and I mean perfect, pizza... in Gosforth? Madness.
    I watched Freddie Ljungberg's dayboo for Arsenal in a pub in Gosforth. Had just climbed Sca Fell and almost fell half the way down due to a 'short cut'. Got us back in time for the match though.

Have you climbed High Street again or are you doing something different this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I watched Freddie Ljungberg's dayboo for Arsenal in a pub in Gosforth. Had just climbed Sca Fell and almost fell half the way down due to a 'short cut'. Got us back in time for the match though.

Have you climbed High Street again or are you doing something different this time?
    We’ve been staying in Eskdale, reconnoitering locally. This might well be the chosen retirement area. Not so many terrists, see?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We’ve been staying in Eskdale, reconnoitering locally. This might well be the chosen retirement area. Not so many terrists, see?
    We've stayed at the Inn in Boot. The lack of lake offers more walking options in the valley. And a steam railway!

We've stayed at the Inn in Boot. The lack of lake offers more walking options in the valley. And a steam railway!
    Steam railways are nothing more than noncing opportunities a. Children are drawn to them like flies and every single steam railway 'enthusiast' that volunteers to work on one is patently a wrong 'un.

Rode la’al ratty ro Ravenglass then walked home over Muncaster Fell.