Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now that AW has had a year off to recharge his batteries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    and take a step back to re-evaluate his team, can we bring him back?
    Would you still want him to return if we go through on Thursday and then win the EL?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Would you still want him to return if we go through on Thursday and then win the EL?
    Why would anyone want him to return? He signed most of the underperforming players in the first place....fine, if people aren't happy with UE, but if you aren't happy with him you don't go back to the manager who left him with the players that aren't performing as well as should eb expected.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.

at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.
    I would suggest it takes more then 1 season to change our style of play into what he wants, especially as the previous manager had been there so long
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I would suggest it takes more then 1 season to change our style of play into what he wants, especially as the previous manager had been there so long
    I do hope so and I will say that he's been very unfortunate with the long-term injuries, as we had found a settled side at that point.

He’s had one year and is using almost entirely players bought by Wenger.

Like Mustafi, whom he paid £35 mil for, in case you had forgotten.

And what makes you think that the manager who finished 7 points behind Chelsea and 14 points behind Tottenham with these players last season could have finished ahead of them this season?

And out of interest, what was our identity when we were getting pasted 6-0 by Chelsea? 6-3 by City? My recollection was of a collection of smallish, ball playing, defensively inept bottlers who were humiliated against top class opposition far too often.

This Wenger revisionism is absurd. Unai may or may not be the right answer, but he deserves a chance or we risk becoming Chelsea and we don’t have the money for that. You seem to be forgetting how soul destroying it was to watch us fail and fall further and further behind each year for the same reasons. I also expect that if we go through Thu the criticism will recede, and if we go on to win a European trophy it will stop completely.

Might be an idea to let the season finish and then judge in an objective fashion?

We have not played any decent football for a good 3 years. The last 2.5 years of Wenger's reign saw us play some really piss poor football.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman