Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now that AW has had a year off to recharge his batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can’t be a bad idea. Unai has proved the the grass is certainly not greener on the other side (in fact, it’s dull and patchy). I would bring Arsene back as a short term fix until we can persuade a manager like Hassenhutl or Howe to join us.
    Doesn't make sense if Unai is some sort of stop gap.
    Last summer there where numerous managers available if the club really wanted to go for someone else.

Was also thinking would Arsene even want to come back after the way he departed?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    and take a step back to re-evaluate his team, can we bring him back?
    Would you still want him to return if we go through on Thursday and then win the EL?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He is the one that signed most of the players that have been average (at best) for the last 2 seasons p
    AW would have got this side top 4. 4 points from games against Watford (and we didn't deserve that), Everton, Palace, Wolves, Leicester & Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Would you still want him to return if we go through on Thursday and then win the EL?
    Why would anyone want him to return? He signed most of the underperforming players in the first place....fine, if people aren't happy with UE, but if you aren't happy with him you don't go back to the manager who left him with the players that aren't performing as well as should eb expected.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

AW would have got this side top 4. 4 points from games against Watford (and we didn't deserve that), Everton, Palace, Wolves, Leicester & Brighton
    AW has us losing against Watofrd, Bournemouth, Leicester, Brighton last season, so to say we would have got top 4 with him this yr is stretching it a bit (especially as our record against the top sides is better than it has been for yrs )

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.

at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.
    I would suggest it takes more then 1 season to change our style of play into what he wants, especially as the previous manager had been there so long

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I would suggest it takes more then 1 season to change our style of play into what he wants, especially as the previous manager had been there so long
    I do hope so and I will say that he's been very unfortunate with the long-term injuries, as we had found a settled side at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Can’t be a bad idea. Unai has proved the the grass is certainly not greener on the other side (in fact, it’s dull and patchy). I would bring Arsene back as a short term fix until we can persuade a manager like Hassenhutl or Howe to join us.
    'Dull and patchy' is very polite, r. I'd say it's wildly overgrown, there's an abandoned pram in it, a load of used needles and the neighbour's cat has been shítting in it for some time.