Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.
He’s had one year and is using almost entirely players bought by Wenger.

Like Mustafi, whom he paid £35 mil for, in case you had forgotten.

And what makes you think that the manager who finished 7 points behind Chelsea and 14 points behind Tottenham with these players last season could have finished ahead of them this season?

And out of interest, what was our identity when we were getting pasted 6-0 by Chelsea? 6-3 by City? My recollection was of a collection of smallish, ball playing, defensively inept bottlers who were humiliated against top class opposition far too often.

This Wenger revisionism is absurd. Unai may or may not be the right answer, but he deserves a chance or we risk becoming Chelsea and we don’t have the money for that. You seem to be forgetting how soul destroying it was to watch us fail and fall further and further behind each year for the same reasons. I also expect that if we go through Thu the criticism will recede, and if we go on to win a European trophy it will stop completely.

Might be an idea to let the season finish and then judge in an objective fashion?