Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now that AW has had a year off to recharge his batteries

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.
    He’s had one year and is using almost entirely players bought by Wenger.

Like Mustafi, whom he paid £35 mil for, in case you had forgotten.

And what makes you think that the manager who finished 7 points behind Chelsea and 14 points behind Tottenham with these players last season could have finished ahead of them this season?

And out of interest, what was our identity when we were getting pasted 6-0 by Chelsea? 6-3 by City? My recollection was of a collection of smallish, ball playing, defensively inept bottlers who were humiliated against top class opposition far too often.

This Wenger revisionism is absurd. Unai may or may not be the right answer, but he deserves a chance or we risk becoming Chelsea and we don’t have the money for that. You seem to be forgetting how soul destroying it was to watch us fail and fall further and further behind each year for the same reasons. I also expect that if we go through Thu the criticism will recede, and if we go on to win a European trophy it will stop completely.

Might be an idea to let the season finish and then judge in an objective fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I do wonder why he has yet to taken a new gig
    Cos the fackin useless soppy Cleuso sounding old tit hasn't been offered one

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Cos the fackin useless soppy Cleuso sounding old tit hasn't been offered one
    This is very unfair.

He didn't sound anything like Sellers' spoof of a send-up of a caricature of a French accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is very unfair.

He didn't sound anything like Sellers' spoof of a send-up of a caricature of a French accent.
    The man's declensions were less than primary school level Ash. Couldn't even deliver a simple pluperfect tense. Compare him to the eloquent Kommandant Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The man's declensions were less than primary school level Ash. Couldn't even deliver a simple pluperfect tense. Compare him to the eloquent Kommandant Klopp.
    Bloody hell, not another one who thinks verbs are declined? :bringbackproperrolleyessmiley:

They are conjugated, man!

I wasn't noticing Arsene having a problem with the pluperfect.

AW would have got this side top 4. 4 points from games against Watford (and we didn't deserve that), Everton, Palace, Wolves, Leicester & Brighton

On the late season form we have shown over the past 4 or 5 seasons, I doubt Wenger would have got top 4 with this team.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.

We have not played any decent football for a good 3 years. The last 2.5 years of Wenger's reign saw us play some really piss poor football.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman