Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
Look, B. I'm not a Wenger hater. AW just needed replacing.

We are a 'big club' with big wage bills, big ticket prices and big expectations amongst the fan base. The latter proably driven by youngsters who grew up on a Wenger era football-diet.

There was a decline (not withstanding the FA cups) in the premier league, the exception being the season when Spurs let us finish 2nd in a race we hadn't even entered. Whichever way you look at it, whether it be points total, points gap to champions, or whatever, we were / are in decline. That decline might actually be relative. i.e some others have simply got 'better'.

But to stand still and do what you have always done and expect something different is the definition of .... etc

The managers, UE and AW are simply different. We gave Wenger time and we should do the same for Emery. I doubt he'll get 10 years of failing to challenge for the league...
I agree with that, hard to judge him after 1 season when the vast majority of the players he might still want to change, give him another couple of seasons and see if there is an upward curve to our form, league position and also transfer policy (which had certainly declined)