Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any c*nt that tells me I "would have taken that before the game"

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Look, B. I'm not a Wenger hater. AW just needed replacing.

We are a 'big club' with big wage bills, big ticket prices and big expectations amongst the fan base. The latter proably driven by youngsters who grew up on a Wenger era football-diet.

There was a decline (not withstanding the FA cups) in the premier league, the exception being the season when Spurs let us finish 2nd in a race we hadn't even entered. Whichever way you look at it, whether it be points total, points gap to champions, or whatever, we were / are in decline. That decline might actually be relative. i.e some others have simply got 'better'.

But to stand still and do what you have always done and expect something different is the definition of .... etc

The managers, UE and AW are simply different. We gave Wenger time and we should do the same for Emery. I doubt he'll get 10 years of failing to challenge for the league...
    I agree with that, hard to judge him after 1 season when the vast majority of the players he might still want to change, give him another couple of seasons and see if there is an upward curve to our form, league position and also transfer policy (which had certainly declined)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The same Leicester owned by the multi-billionaire who spent a fúck-load on players, you mean?
    the multi-billionaire who spent half the amount on players than Arsenal did?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    How many of our rivals made a profit in that time? So saying we had less cash isn't altogether true, rivals might well have spent more than us and have gone into debt in that time nad have since recouped that money with better commercail deals or selling players at a later stage
    So you think that, in addition to the debt we were already paying off on our stadium, we should have increased our indebtedness when we were qualifying for the CL every year in order to keep the fans happy?

I really hope you don't ever run a business.

Most of our rivals at the time were bankrolled. We lived or died by our P&L sheet.

So you think that, in addition to the debt we were already paying off on our stadium, we should have increased our indebtedness when we were qualifying for the CL every year in order to keep the fans happy?

I really hope you don't ever run a business.

Most of our rivals at the time were bankrolled. We lived or died by our P&L sheet.
    They were bankrolled by their owners, something our owner didn't do through choice....and yet again, please point out where I say we should have gone into more debt, I know you like making things up but please stop showing how big an arse you are on this subject

B is merely, desperately, trying to cover up for the fact the he himself was one of the original WOBers. True story.

We are a 'big club' with big wage bills, big ticket prices and big expectations amongst the fan base. The latter proably driven by youngsters who grew up on a Wenger era football-diet.

There was a decline (not withstanding the FA cups) in the premier league, the exception being the season when Spurs let us finish 2nd in a race we hadn't even entered. Whichever way you look at it, whether it be points total, points gap to champions, or whatever, we were / are in decline. That decline might actually be relative. i.e some others have simply got 'better'.

But to stand still and do what you have always done and expect something different is the definition of .... etc

The managers, UE and AW are simply different. We gave Wenger time and we should do the same for Emery. I doubt he'll get 10 years of failing to challenge for the league...
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Sense, in world of non sense. Wd HR bender.

Testify.

We gave Wenger time because he had proved what he could do.

the multi-billionaire who spent half the amount on players than Arsenal did?
    Misleading. That figure only adds up if you base it on cost of squads. He actually spent around £180 million between buying Leicester and their league win.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sense, in world of non sense. Wd HR bender.

Testify.
    Err, thanks, I think, sw
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Misleading. That figure only adds up if you base it on cost of squads. He actually spent around £180 million between buying Leicester and their league win.
    Please show your workings.

And compare that to how much our owner spent