Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's just occurred to me that there's absolutely no 'away goals' benefit in winning

It's just occurred to me that there's absolutely no 'away goals' benefit in winning

1-0 away in Europe

As if my mood couldn't get any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    1-0 away in Europe

Yes but, it's a psychological blow, especially after Buzz Lightyear's rousing ramble in the press.
    Two home defeats in the shiney new stadium. Sir Harry of Kane gnashing his teeth on the bench. It's early days an all, but things have to be looking up at this point ?

Of course, there's not. But we footie-folk are a touchingly superstitious lot #homeadvantage

The stats probably back that up too, in fairness. Sadly, however, Spurs are sweating, but they're not bleeding.

1-0 away in Europe

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Yes but, it's a psychological blow, especially after Buzz Lightyear's rousing ramble in the press.
    Two home defeats in the shiney new stadium. Sir Harry of Kane gnashing his teeth on the bench. It's early days an all, but things have to be looking up at this point ?
    They will score goals away and whoever they play in the final there will be moments - even if fleeting - where they look capable of winning. That's the f*cking reality we are facing here, so don't bother trying to jazz it up you prick.

1-0 away in Europe

You morose ******* Seems kinda fúcked up that only Spurs can win by away goals now though tbh
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Can he gnash his teeth with that mandibular arrangement? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Of course, there's not. But we footie-folk are a touchingly superstitious lot #homeadvantage

The stats probably back that up too, in fairness. Sadly, however, Spurs are sweating, but they're not bleeding.
    Vertonghen is.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Vertonghen is.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

1-0 away in Europe

Sort of. There is no away goals advantage to winning away by any score if the home team don’t score. Which seems sort of bizarre but happens to be true. You need to think about it, Monty, what with you being an artsy and all.

there is also no benefit in watching spurs.