Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones was ****ing ace :cloud9:

Game of Thrones was ****ing ace :cloud9:

Made all the better with all the book nerds complaning about the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I've read (OK, listened to) the books, but can't see why this would upset them.

As a military history nerd, I was more upset by the tactics. What kind of spastic opens a defensive battle by launching a frontal cavalry attack in the dark against massed infantry? Amateur night.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

As a military history nerd, I was more upset by the tactics. What kind of spastic opens a defensive battle by launching a frontal cavalry attack in the dark against massed infantry? Amateur night.
    Yeah that was stupid. They clearly hadn't studied the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. I was wondering if they got a bit carried away with the flaming swords.

Yeah that was stupid. They clearly hadn't studied the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. I was wondering if they got a bit carried away with the flaming swords.
    Meh. The Dothraki were a bit shít anyway. I'm glad they're all dead.

The dragon use was shít, too. Just use one to keep burning the dead as they come on and have the bigger one offering top cover against the zombie dragon. Don't get lured out like spastics.

Also, thank goodness the dead didn't decide to launch a simultaneous attack on all sides of the castle and were happy just to attack the side where all the defences were

Frankly, whoever came up with the whole plan was a mong.

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

What were they complaining about?

Arya was always my fave character. wd the ninja assassin. Splintered the enemy good and proper. Like chucking a ring of power in Mount Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What were they complaining about?

Arya was always my fave character. wd the ninja assassin. Splintered the enemy good and proper. Like chucking a ring of power in Mount Doom.
    I think a lot of people are complaining that it felt like a Deus Ex Machina ending, but what was anyone expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

It was like watching Arsenals defence over the last few weeks/months/seasons
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It was waank. You may as well have been watching a marvel movie and the 'baddie' just turns out to be a generic shyte comic book villain with no intrigue or reason to his methods before finally being shanked by some wee girl. 1 star.

Dramatic license and all that but with the Night King’s ability to raise *all* dead at will, one wonders how the twenty or so good guys managed to hold off legion upon legion for quite so long.