Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Cull

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I stand by my list...
    Harsh on Iwobi, Mikki, Nacho imo. And Elneny as a cheap option in DM isn't too bad.

Leno
    Holding Papa NewCB
    Hector Lucas NewMid NewLB
    Mikki Laca Boomerang

Doesn't look too bad to me? Maybe a new attacking player for Mikki if you don't like him (I do). With all the sales above, the money generated by the club and Stan coughing up a bit (no, seriously) that should be achievable. We just need to get better at buying players for less money that will improve.

When was the last time we bought a player and saw significant improvement even if we did sell him on?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Harsh on Iwobi, Mikki, Nacho imo. And Elneny as a cheap option in DM isn't too bad.

Leno
    Holding Papa NewCB
    Hector Lucas NewMid NewLB
    Mikki Laca Boomerang

Doesn't look too bad to me? Maybe a new attacking player for Mikki if you don't like him (I do). With all the sales above, the money generated by the club and Stan coughing up a bit (no, seriously) that should be achievable. We just need to get better at buying players for less money that will improve.

When was the last time we bought a player and saw significant improvement even if we did sell him on?
    He won’t be playing that formation next season. Once he gets his players in we’ll be playing a 4-3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    He won’t be playing that formation next season. Once he gets his players in we’ll be playing a 4-3-3.
    What’s the basis for that view? Did he play 433 at Sevilla and PSG?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    What’s the basis for that view? Did he play 433 at Sevilla and PSG?
    Yes. This is the first time he has ever used 3 at the back and persisted with it. If I had to guess why I’d say it’s down to injuries and not having the players he wants. I don’t think he trusts AMN and Kolasinac to be solid enough in a back 4 and we don’t have a midfielder other than Ramsey to play a three man midfield. I think we’ll sign a midfielder, winger, left back and CB and got back to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Hopefully some of the youngster like Willock and Nelson get opportunities at well. I’d rather watch them than Ozil. Sick of it now.

I don’t think he trusts AMN and Kolasinac
    Me neither, those two were absolutely fúcking shíte last night.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Me neither, those two were absolutely fúcking shíte last night.
    Yes, I mentioned this last night.

And if you need further proof of how bad AMN was last night, Tony Cascarino claimed this morning in the Times that he was the best player on the pitch first half.

Can't get much more confirmed than that.

Yes. This is the first time he has ever used 3 at the back and persisted with it. If I had to guess why I’d say it’s down to injuries and not having the players he wants. I don’t think he trusts AMN and Kolasinac to be solid enough in a back 4 and we don’t have a midfielder other than Ramsey to play a three man midfield. I think we’ll sign a midfielder, winger, left back and CB and got back to a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Hopefully some of the youngster like Willock and Nelson get opportunities at well. I’d rather watch them than Ozil. Sick of it now.
    433 would seem to suit pretty well although we could possibly use an upgrade on Mikki depending on your view of him:

Leno
    Hector Papa newCB newLB
    Gwenda/Xhaka Lucas newMid
    Mikki Laca Boomerang

If we buy well that's not far off a top 4 side, certainly one that should challenge