Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we finish 5th or 6th and get knocked out of Europa...

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    It's too early to draw a firm conclusion, but the evidence from the rest of his career is not at all encouraging.
    Three consecutive 3rd place finishes at Valencia is very impressive, not sure anyone would expect them to beat Barca/Madrid and they were a selling club at that time. Seville was also impressive, league and EL trophies. There’s a reason PSG hired him.

He needs another year, more likely two, to be judged fairly.

Meanwhile, the manager the moaners seem to miss so badly appears to still be unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Three consecutive 3rd place finishes at Valencia is very impressive, not sure anyone would expect them to beat Barca/Madrid and they were a selling club at that time. Seville was also impressive, league and EL trophies. There’s a reason PSG hired him.

Meanwhile, the manager the moaners seem to miss so badly appears to still be unemployed.
    for sc and b...

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

That’s a pretty big vase in the back there.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

As I say, no evidence that he can take us to the top. If all we want is top 6, sometimes top 4 and some cup runs, he's our man.

I thought that when he joined and I have seen absolutely nothing to change my mind. Joking aside I fear we are going backwards at the moment.

Let's have the conversation after a transfer window and a few months of next season. A picture should start to form by then. It is unfair to judge his Arsenal record yet, but he comes to us on the back of significant failure at PSG.

Wenger gave his best years to Arsenal. Lord knows why, our fans didn't deserve it. He should have gone to a big club when he had the offers.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    As I say, no evidence that he can take us to the top. If all we want is top 6, sometimes top 4 and some cup runs, he's our man.

I thought that when he joined and I have seen absolutely nothing to change my mind. Joking aside I fear we are going backwards at the moment.

Let's have the conversation after a transfer window and a few months of next season. A picture should start to form by then. It is unfair to judge his Arsenal record yet, but he comes to us on the back of significant failure at PSG.

Wenger gave his best years to Arsenal. Lord knows why, our fans didn't deserve it. He should have gone to a big club when he had the offers.
    100% agree. I wish Arsene would call the fans out for the monsters they are.