Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we finish 5th or 6th and get knocked out of Europa...

If we finish 5th or 6th and get knocked out of Europa...

Surely Emery will get sacked? SURELY???

Quote Originally Posted by John Bunnell View Post
    What.. After one season and the inability to carry out radical surgery on a squard he inherited ?
    He may not be the answer but whoever comes in will face the same circumstances.
    Prepare for more if the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    What.. After one season and the inability to carry out radical surgery on a squard he inherited ?
    He may not be the answer but whoever comes in will face the same circumstances.
    Prepare for more if the same.
    Indeed. That would be difficult for the board. Emery is somebody to keep us top 6 and have a few cup runs. He will deliver on that.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Indeed. That would be difficult for the board. Emery is somebody to keep us top 6 and have a few cup runs. He will deliver on that.
    I’m not a huge fan, Easty. I just cannot see a quick turnaround, no matter who we appoint.
    We’ve allowed our assets to run down contracts and recouped sod all with which to rebuild. We have a few good players mingled with a lot of average ones on overpaid contracts.
    Emery’s got little choice but to shop bargain basement and develop a few more from the youth squad, while hopefully shipping out players like Elneny, Ozil, Mhiki, Jenkinson, Monorail, Mustafi etc.
    It’s going to take a while..

Chelsea would sack him. I like their approach. Win trophies or fűck off.

Chelsea would sack him. I like their approach. Win trophies or fűck off.
    Perhaps but then they have large amounts of petro dollars to finance write offs

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’m not a huge fan, Easty. I just cannot see a quick turnaround, no matter who we appoint.
    We’ve allowed our assets to run down contracts and recouped sod all with which to rebuild. We have a few good players mingled with a lot of average ones on overpaid contracts.
    Emery’s got little choice but to shop bargain basement and develop a few more from the youth squad, while hopefully shipping out players like Elneny, Ozil, Mhiki, Jenkinson, Monorail, Mustafi etc.
    It’s going to take a while..
    I don’t disagree. I think Gazidis holds a lot of the blame for our situation. Player contracts have been poorly negotiated for some time. Compare us to Spurs. It would be interesting to see a hungry, principled young coach take on the problem. Coupled with a great commercial and contracts negotiator.

Emery has a massively difficult task and it would be unfair to give up on him after a season. There are no guarantees either way. I just think the upside is very limited with Emery and that a Europa League win is all we can aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I don’t disagree. I think Gazidis holds a lot of the blame for our situation. Player contracts have been poorly negotiated for some time. Compare us to Spurs. It would be interesting to see a hungry, principled young coach take on the problem. Coupled with a great commercial and contracts negotiator.

Emery has a massively difficult task and it would be unfair to give up on him after a season. There are no guarantees either way. I just think the upside is very limited with Emery and that a Europa League win is all we can aspire to.
    Yes, all very true although I think it is far too early to draw conclusions re Unai’s upside. There’s currently both reason for optimism and reason to be concerned. However, regardless of how it turns out it is important to remember that we now have something that was no longer possible under Wenger.

Hope.

If they don’t give money in the summer then he should resign....and put out a statement saying why so we all know whose to blame.

Granted we need to shift quite a few players out which will generate money but I’m talking about having the funds for the likes of Koulabaly, Tarkowski, butt face Maguire, Pepe, Carassco etc etc and not Denis Suarez or some little 17 year old playing Mickey Mouse football in Brazil.

Obviously not all of those but at least a couple.

Rumour is it’s £45m this summer but I’ve heard it’s closer to £25m to £30m because you have to factor in the wages. Man needs £200m to sort is out.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, all very true although I think it is far too early to draw conclusions re Unai’s upside. There’s currently both reason for optimism and reason to be concerned. However, regardless of how it turns out it is important to remember that we now have something that was no longer possible under Wenger.

Hope.
    It's too early to draw a firm conclusion, but the evidence from the rest of his career is not at all encouraging.