Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I vote we do.a Rioch again , sack this cűnt

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Guardiola, imo. He seems like a manager seeking a fresh challenge.
    As long as he brings his box ofd medical supplies, that's a top shout. #drugcheatin

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did I say anything about ditching the manager?

Fúck me, I have said over and over again that I don't like whatever it is that he is trying to do with the team, I can't see a plan or a style of play taking shape and I don't enjoy watching the football, but that it's his first season so too early to make a judgement yet.

What is permissable to say, oh arbiter of opinion? That everyone is wonderful and Arsene is a ****?
    Bloody hell, got up on the wrong side of bed did we? You can have as many opinions as you like, I will have mine....
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You may be onto something there. The defence really ought to be showing noticeable indications of improvement by now. Or, if that's asking for too much, too soon, at least it should be showing signs of rudimentary intelligent life.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Bloke is a total fraud, I know I said I'd give him a couple of transfer windows but just don't think he's anymore than a okay mid-table manager
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The CL isn't that important anymore anyway. It's just for the club's status, self-esteem.

At least, money is the very least of our concerns just now

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    i find it odd. as this 'Champions league' football seems to be the big deal everyone wants.
    If they didn't piss about the last few games they could have already secured it.

Valencia will be a much harder fixture than they will anticipate. Where are a week ago a lot of fans said we already won the thing
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You may be onto something there. The defence really ought to be showing noticeable indications of improvement by now. Or, if that's asking for too much, too soon, at least it should be showing signs of rudimentary intelligent life.
    That's my worry.

We've added a new, supposedly long term solution goalie, an experienced top level CH who's supposed to be our first choice no.5 for 3-4 seasons, and a very highly rated, young, DM, of the type we all thought we'd been crying out for to the squad AW finished the season with.

Coupled with that Auba's kept banging them despite not starting half the time and Laca's looking more and more like the striker we thought we signed. Pace and finishing but with upper body strength and skills.

Yet we seem to have gone backwards to me. Well if not backwards, I'd have expected AW to have done more with this squad, even allowing for the long term injuries to Kos in the first half and Hector and RH later on.

Look at the header they scored. Ball whipped in, there are 4 of them between our supposed back lie and our deepest lying defender. With Leno coming for a ball he'd a never get.

That's after almost a whole season. And we've no creativity unless we play our big 4 up front and now Rambo's deaded. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    As long as he brings his box ofd medical supplies, that's a top shout. #drugcheatin

Perhaps Emery's problems is the lack of drugs or just not very good ones.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    That's my worry.

We've added a new, supposedly long term solution goalie, an experienced top level CH who's supposed to be our first choice no.5 for 3-4 seasons, and a very highly rated, young, DM, of the type we all thought we'd been crying out for to the squad AW finished the season with.

Coupled with that Auba's kept banging them despite not starting half the time and Laca's looking more and more like the striker we thought we signed. Pace and finishing but with upper body strength and skills.

Yet we seem to have gone backwards to me. Well if not backwards, I'd have expected AW to have done more with this squad, even allowing for the long term injuries to Kos in the first half and Hector and RH later on.

Look at the header they scored. Ball whipped in, there are 4 of them between our supposed back lie and our deepest lying defender. With Leno coming for a ball he'd a never get.

That's after almost a whole season. And we've no creativity unless we play our big 4 up front and now Rambo's deaded. Ho hum.
    You can't legislate for Kamikaze defending, g

One defender playing 5 players onside from a set piece - criminal
    One defender not even making a challenge, never mind not taking Jota out on his run into the box when there is cover behind - criminal
    I'll give Kos the benefit of the doubt that he didn't duck under the free kick

You could see in the second half that the defensive structure (ha!) melted as all the defenders start to get attracted to the ball because there is no trust in each other.

I thought Wolves looked very defensively solid in comparison.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You can't legislate for Kamikaze defending, g

One defender playing 5 players onside from a set piece - criminal
    One defender not even making a challenge, never mind not taking Jota out on his run into the box when there is cover behind - criminal
    I'll give Kos the benefit of the doubt that he didn't duck under the free kick

You could see in the second half that the defensive structure (ha!) melted as all the defenders start to get attracted to the ball because there is no trust in each other.

I thought Wolves looked very defensively solid in comparison.
    I agree with all that.

But surely the priority was to get the defence sorted. We saw at the start of the season that we could still play Wengerball.

But why didn't we insist that Dick too a defensive coack with PL experience?

We've jumped about from fromation to formation and with 4th place in our grasp, we've shipped 6 in two against supposedly weaker teams. Criminal.

We jad Leno, Kos, Sok and Nacho and we do that?

I'd rather have Georgie Graham back.

Emery is rubbish. He should go. The end.