Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I remember Titi at Highbury whacking a free kick into the top corner like that,

I remember Titi at Highbury whacking a free kick into the top corner like that,

leaving the Wop 'Keeper rooted to the spot. Was it Buffon and Juve? 2-0 rings a bell.

It was at the Clock End when I was in the NB.

Sexy black French strikers scoring heroic free kicks against Italian opposition.

Can anyone remember us scoring a direct free kick away in Europe before? Against a top team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    leaving the Wop 'Keeper rooted to the spot. Was it Buffon and Juve? 2-0 rings a bell.

It was at the Clock End when I was in the NB.

Sexy black French strikers scoring heroic free kicks against Italian opposition.

Can anyone remember us scoring a direct free kick away in Europe before? Against a top team?

When in Rome, do as Henry did.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    When in Rome, do as Henry did.
    Well done. That was a hat-trick, wasn't it? 3-1?

I seem to remember that it was 1-1 and Totty had a shot on goal inside the box. It looked like it was going in with the keeper at the other post. The the bald head of Pascal Cygan appeared from nowhere and blocked it on the line.

I fell in love with Pascal for that.

Terrence was criminally underrated from free kicks. Every one he hit was always within 2 feet of the top corner. One year he was well into double figures just with free kicks. He had about 13 or so that season. It might sound controversial but he probably was better stat wise at them then Beckham and possibly the all time great free kick taker in England

As for Lacazette. Is that two in two free kicks now for the wee man?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    Terrence was criminally underrated from free kicks. Every one he hit was always within 2 feet of the top corner. One year he was well into double figures just with free kicks. He had about 13 or so that season. It might sound controversial but he probably was better stat wise at them then Beckham and possibly the all time great free kick taker in England

As for Lacazette. Is that two in two free kicks now for the wee man?
    That's two this calendar year, me thinks. He should be the first choice now. I also think he should take pens. Auba's pissed two important ones. Has Laca missed any? The year before he signed for us, he scored ten pens among his 30 goals. I want Laca taking free kicks and pens now.

Titi was weird with FKs. I remember that after a few years with us, he suddenly started taking corners and FKs. For the first year, both were poor. We were asking why our striker was taking corners not being in the box trying to score from them. And the FKs all missed badly.

Then it suddenly clicked. And he kept banging them in. He was divine.

Ozil could do better - remember that game against the Scousers when he got fouled on the edge of the box. He was peeved about that so just stuck the ball in the top corner from the FK.

If he could be bothered to hit them like that all the time, having a left footed Ozil and a right footed Laca would be ace.

Laca's been great this season.

If we had a decent team, it would be great to have the luxury of Auba and Laca, like when we had Skiltord as cover for any of the front 4.

But we really need some MFs to get the ball to them. We've Hector to come back, Leno's looking top drawer and Papa Sok's decent enough.

If our owner would spunk an extra £100m on youngish top drawer players who'd still have a resale value after 4-5 years we could crack on. But he won't, and soon the good players we have will get old.

I hate Kronke.