Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Sports psychologist, Professor Craig Mahoney:

  1. #1

    Sports psychologist, Professor Craig Mahoney:

    "There'll be a period of reflection. That will have started last night.

    "The manager will have taken the team aside at the end of the match and had a private conversation with the group as a whole and with players individually.

    "He'll have started to work on what's required, which is a set of mental skills. The players are physically and technically able so it's the mental skills that become important now, in enabling them to release this game and let it go, to thought-stop any negative aspects of recollection of the game.

    "Thought-stopping is a technique. You say 'park that, let it go. What's the positive we can take from the game?'"



    Yes, because none of them would have ever lost a football match before

    #fraud
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    "There'll be a period of reflection. That will have started last night.

    "The manager will have taken the team aside at the end of the match and had a private conversation with the group as a whole and with players individually.

    "He'll have started to work on what's required, which is a set of mental skills. The players are physically and technically able so it's the mental skills that become important now, in enabling them to release this game and let it go, to thought-stop any negative aspects of recollection of the game.

    "Thought-stopping is a technique. You say 'park that, let it go. What's the positive we can take from the game?'"



    Yes, because none of them would have ever lost a football match before

    #fraud
    Psychiatry is a bona fide branch and discipline of medicine and one must qualify first as a doctor before being allowed to specialize in the field. The field of Psychology, on the other hand, is riddled with frauds, charlatans and outright cúnts.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Psychiatry is a bona fide branch and discipline of medicine and one must qualify first as a doctor before being allowed to specialize in the field. The field of Psychology, on the other hand, is riddled with frauds, charlatans and outright cúnts.
    Bit like plumbing

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Psychiatry is a bona fide branch and discipline of medicine and one must qualify first as a doctor before being allowed to specialize in the field. The field of Psychology, on the other hand, is riddled with frauds, charlatans and outright cúnts.
    You are, of course, correct. However, psychiatry in the Freudian sense of psychoanalysis and ‘let’s all have a chat about stuff and you’ll feel all better’ is also a load of old balls.

    It’s increasingly clear that what we think of as ‘the self’ is just brain chemistry.

  5. #5
    He must’ve blown a fuse last night imo



    This x100

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bit like plumbing
    And journalism

    . . . . . . . .

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Psychiatry is a bona fide branch and discipline of medicine and one must qualify first as a doctor before being allowed to specialize in the field. The field of Psychology, on the other hand, is riddled with frauds, charlatans and outright cúnts.
    You are completely mistaken, I'm afraid. Psychology is the greatest science, greater than all the others. It is the one ring which rules them all, with all being the other rings, and those rings symbolically representing the aforementioned sciences.

    Totem and Taboo is my bible, Torah, or what have you.
    Last edited by eastgermanautos; 04-18-2019 at 02:49 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Pyschiatry is the greatest science, greater than all the others.
    You don't half talk some b0llocks, eastie. You may have surpassed yourself here.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You don't half talk some b0llocks, eastie. You may have surpassed yourself here.
    I will not permit these cheap denigrations of Freud, I'm sorry. This will not stand.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I will not permit these cheap denigrations of Freud, I'm sorry. This will not stand.

    It's not even proper, verifiable science imo. It's speculation. I expect you're too Jung to understand.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •