Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
Napalm's too good for these people.

https://twitter.com/make_trouble/sta...25839325130752
I hate to admit this to you, but I don't agree with them.

I went to one environmental protest in my life, at Twyford Down. (M3 extension, '92.) But after a couple of days there we went to see the Spirals who'd squatted a farm house for their Castlemorton court case.

I said about Twyford Down but Spiral Seb said that he quite liked motorways as it allows us to drive our sound systems around. I thought about it and realised I agreed with him 100%. We need trucks and speakers and roads and planes and oil - and regulated free market capitalism is the cheapest way we can get all those things we need for a party.

It's just the state should have no right to tell us to switch off the sound system and get out of the warehouse/field simply because of minor issues like us not having any legal right to be there.

Also, while I do think man-made climate change is a massive threat:

1. This can only be sorted out at a global level. An economy of just 64m people is tiny. We could ban all planes in and out of the UK tomorrow, and the saved emissions will be replaced in 6 weeks from extra Chinese coal-fired power stations alone.

2. They want all cars and flights etc banned in the next 6 years. There's no way the public will vote for that. So they believe that they have the right to force their views on the majority. This means they are fascists - nothing more than a dreadlocked Einsatzgruppen.