Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had a request from the glw.

I've had a request from the glw.

Boiled gammon with parsley sauce. :gulp: (She's English, you know.)

I have a lump of gammon. Do I just... boil it?

Parsley sauce. Can it really just be a bechamel with parsley in it? Really?

And no, I'm not going to boil the fúcking gammon in the fúcking loft, because the vast numbers of troopers guarding my loft ladder won't let me in with a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Boiled gammon with parsley sauce. :gulp: (She's English, you know.)

I have a lump of gammon. Do I just... boil it?

Parsley sauce. Can it really just be a bechamel with parsley in it? Really?

And no, I'm not going to boil the fúcking gammon in the fúcking loft, because the vast numbers of troopers guarding my loft ladder won't let me in with a match.
    Poach it gently with a bouquet garni, carrots, celery an onion, peppercorns, juniper berries, etc and you make the sauce with the resulting liquor and perhaps a dash of cream. Serve with cabbage and a rake of floury boiled spuds.

Deeeeee-fúcking-licious.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Poach it gently with a bouquet garni, carrots, celery an onion, peppercorns, juniper berries, etc and you make the sauce with the resulting liquor and perhaps a dash of cream. Serve with cabbage and a rake of floury boiled spuds.

Deeeeee-fúcking-licious.
    You're genetically programmed to guzzle boiled bacon and cabbage, you mick peasant. I'll take no instructions from you on the correct boiling of mayte.

You're genetically programmed to guzzle boiled bacon and cabbage, you mick peasant. I'll take no instructions from you on the correct boiling of mayte.
    Oh, I'm just a savage for bacon and cabbage!

I strongly urge you to follow my recipe. Your wife will gasp as you present her with your gammon and give her a liberal serving of white sauce.

Oh dear. I appear to have turned into Herbert.

Oh, I'm just a savage for bacon and cabbage!

I strongly urge you to follow my recipe. Your wife will gasp as you present her with your gammon and give her a liberal serving of white sauce.

Oh dear. I appear to have turned into Herbert.
    I hope she doesn't mind the green bits in it.

I hope she doesn't mind the green bits in it.
    She wants parsley sauce without green bits in it? I don't know how to break this to you, but I think you may be up against it here with this dinner.

How about joining the craze of boiling your ham in 2 litres of full fat coke? I have done it and it's quite good actually, you get the sticky sweetness into your ham no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    She wants parsley sauce without green bits in it? I don't know how to break this to you, but I think you may be up against it here with this dinner.

How about joining the craze of boiling your ham in 2 litres of full fat coke? I have done it and it's quite good actually, you get the sticky sweetness into your ham no doubt.
    No no, she realises that parsley sauce has green bits in, I haven't married a retard. That would be wrong, but kinda hot maybe?

Sweet isn't what I'm looking for in my bacon, to be honest. I'm more of a savoury guy.

No no, she realises that parsley sauce has green bits in, I haven't married a retard. That would be wrong, but kinda hot maybe?

Sweet isn't what I'm looking for in my bacon, to be honest. I'm more of a savoury guy.
    I thought you had made this last night?

I made kebabs with wafer thin slices of leftover leg of lamb marinaded in cumin, coriander, Ras-El-Hanout, lemon juice, salt, garlic and dried mint. Hard-fried them to get a bit of a crust and served them with flatbreads, pickled chillis, hummus, chilli sauce, red cabbage macerated in lemon juice and salt, raw onion, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, etc.

It was, frankly, far better than the original roast lamb.

I thought you had made this last night?

I made kebabs with wafer thin slices of leftover leg of lamb marinated in cumin, coriander, Ras-El-Hanout, lemon juice, salt, garlic and dried mint. Hard-fried them to get a bit of a crust and served them with flatbreads, pickled chillis, hummus, chilli sauce, red cabbage macerated in lemon juice and salt, raw onion, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, etc.

It was, frankly, far better than the original roast lamb.
    I was going to but I bottled it. I'll try on Thursday.

Lamb sounds excellent. I have ordered a whole shoulder of lamb for easter weekend slow barbecueing/smoking. I might consider slicing it thinly, marinading it in the usual suspects and then loading it onto a rotisserie to make a shawarma effort...

I was going to but I bottled it. I'll try on Thursday.

Lamb sounds excellent. I have ordered a whole shoulder of lamb for easter weekend slow barbecueing/smoking. I might consider slicing it thinly, marinading it in the usual suspects and then loading it onto a rotisserie to make a shawarma effort...
    Lamb is the traditional Easter meal, of course. And, while that makes sense seasonally and in terms of the pagan roots of the festival, in Christian terms the symbolic significance of lamb (agnus dei and so forth) makes it a bit fúcking weird, doesn't it?