Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've had a request from the glw.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course. But mint and lamb do work together - hence the prevalence of dried mint in Greek and Middle Eastern lamb dishes.

Besides, the French serve shoulder of lamb with capers and vinegar for the same reason. You wouldn't say 'lose the capers', though, would you?
    I like capers. I like the little, delicate capers. I like the fat capers. I even like the caperberries. But they are, essentially, vinegar delivery vehicles.

You keep your dirty heretic talk to yourself in Easter Week, la!

Mind you, I'll bet they're going mad for it down your way, aren't they? I've always found German Catholicism to be particularly visceral. Their paintings and statues of the crucified Christ would give you nightmares for weeks.
    Absolutely - no point doing these things half-heartedly. Besides, with all the religious days we basically get four day weeks for the next month and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I had it once in a bar in Hamburg; it was late and I'd been driving all day and I was starving. They gave me this knuckle on a wooden platter with a sharp knife, a pot of mustard and a basket of rye bread, and I confess, my memory is of a magical experience.

I may just have been hungry, though.

I believe that on that same trip I was served rare fillet of hare for breakfast. Dirty German bástards.
    I suppose if one could just essentially turn it into a series of ham sandwiches it would be OK. When I had it I was in Hannover and with a German who insisted I have it. It was served with sauerkraut, boiled potatoes, mustard and something a bit like mushy peas. I picked at it politely, but watching this fúcker forking huge lumps of wobbly fat into his maw with every sign of lip-smacking enjoyment made me gag.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Absolutely - no point doing these things half-heartedly. Besides, with all the religious days we basically get four day weeks for the next month and a half
    Tell me this, la, have you had the Weisswurst*? And what do you make of it?

*Couldn't be arsed finding an Eszett

I like capers. I like the little, delicate capers. I like the fat capers. I even like the caperberries. But they are, essentially, vinegar delivery vehicles.
    I've taken to making my own pickled onions and cucumbers. They're pretty good - and really very easy.

I've taken to making my own pickled onions and cucumbers. They're pretty good - and really very easy.
    Surely that involves peeling little onions?

Surely that involves peeling little onions?
    Yes, but that is literally the most difficult bit (apart from heating the vinegar with the various pickling spices, which can make a bit of a honk). You then salt them on kitchen towel for a day to leach out the moisture and ensure crispness when pickled.

Yes, but that is literally the most difficult bit (apart from heating the vinegar with the various pickling spices, which can make a bit of a honk). You then salt them on kitchen towel for a day to leach out the moisture and ensure crispness when pickled.
    My least favourite kitchen activity is peeling onions. Of any size. Also shallots. And garlic. Let's say all the aliums. Alia?

My least favourite kitchen activity is peeling onions. Of any size. Also shallots. And garlic. Let's say all the aliums. Alia?
    Pro-tip (at least as far as onions are concerned): Sacrifice the first layer of onion. Cut through the skin and first layer and you're no longer fúcking about with the stupid papery bit and can do it in half the time.

Pro-tip (at least as far as onions are concerned): Sacrifice the first layer of onion. Cut through the skin and first layer and you're no longer fúcking about with the stupid papery bit and can do it in half the time.
    That is my MO. I still hate it.