Click here for Arsenal FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 96

Thread: Hmmm. Churches in France do seem to be suffering a terrible run of luck lately.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I haven't missed the link, I would suggest the huge probaility that it is an accident, with a small chance it was arson....which seems to be the opposite of what b is suggesting
    In fairness, Newsweek is suggesting that. B, is merely leading us to the article and wondering if there is an element of truth to it

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I haven't missed the link, I would suggest the huge probaility that it is an accident, with a small chance it was arson....which seems to be the opposite of what b is suggesting
    Well, I'd say that without the ongoing story of churches being targeted in France your "huge probaility that it is an accident, with a small chance it was arson" would be the sensible conclusion, but when you add in the knowledge that recently this stuff keeps happeneing, surely your view changes a little? I mean "huge probability" versus "small chance"? Really?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, I'd say that without the ongoing story of churches being targeted in France your "huge probaility that it is an accident, with a small chance it was arson" would be the sensible conclusion, but when you add in the knowledge that recently this stuff keeps happeneing, surely your view changes a little? I mean "huge probability" versus "small chance"? Really?
    Yes, really
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, really
    In that case we either have an extremely different view of probablities or you are furiously displaying your woke credentials.

    Are you Ian Harvey in disguise?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In that case we either have an extremely different view of probablities or you are furiously displaying your woke credentials.

    Are you Ian Harvey in disguise?
    Well since the Paris Fire Authority have already said they don't believe it is Arson, unless you are assuming they are lying to protect some group, then i would suggest it was an accident is a very high probability
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So you categorically dismiss the notion that there could be a link between this fire at a French Christian religious site and the many attacks on French Christian religious sites that have taken place lately?

    That seems oddly certain of you. I mean by all means be sceptical, but to dismiss the notion entirely without even acknowledging that the possibility exists suggests that, rather than exercising your intelligence, you're simply following a path dictated to you by your ideology.
    You can't not talk. You're like a woman. You don't give a fvck about the church; you just want to piss on about your talking points.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    In fairness, Newsweek is suggesting that. B, is merely leading us to the article and wondering if there is an element of truth to it
    I would think the fact that it was undergoing renovation at the time would certainly add to the likelihood that it was an accident.

    Not sure why anyone would assume it was an act of terrorism and laugh at any alternatives. Leaving it open as a possibility, certainly.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well since the Paris Fire Authority have already said they don't believe it is Arson, unless you are assuming they are lying to protect some group, then i would suggest it was an accident is a very high probability
    Amazing. So when we started having this discussion they hadn't said anything, but now they have, you're using that to justify your argument?

    Fck me. That's mendacious in the extreme.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I would think the fact that it was undergoing renovation at the time would certainly add to the likelihood that it was an accident.

    Not sure why anyone would assume it was an act of terrorism and laugh at any alternatives. Leaving it open as a possibility, certainly.
    Have you considered that one of the workmen may have had an ulterior motive?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Have you considered that one of the workmen may have had an ulterior motive?
    There is a picture of the early stages of the fire on the BBC website, it definitely starts in the roof. Which would seem to point to an accident.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •